Development of Small Motor Driver Integrating Sensor Circuit and Interchangeable Communication Board
Nobuyuki Ito, Junichi Urata, Yuto Nakanishi,
Kei Okada, and Masayuki Inaba
The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
This paper deals with humanoid robot motor driver and sensor boards, whose communication systems are expensive to upgrade because they are implemented in both types of boards. Then, we must re-develop motor driver boards and sensor boards to change communication function. Function of communication with host computer is the very important function. However, it is hard to evaluate and compare methods of communication. So, we divide the function of motor driver to communication and driving motor. And we suggest the configuration of interchangeable communication system.
-  K. Kaneko, F. Kanehiro, M. Morisawa, K. Miura, S. Nakaoka, K. Harada, and S. Kajita, “Development of Cybernetic Human “HRP-4C” – Project Overview and Design of Mechanical and Electrical Systems –,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.28, No.7, pp. 853-864, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  T. Asfour, K. Regenstein, P. Azad, J. Schroder, A. Bierbaum, N. Vahrenkamp, and R. Dillmann, “ARMAR-III: An Integrated Humanoid Platform for Sensory-Motor Control,” Humanoids2006, pp. 169-175, Genova, 2006.
-  I. Mizuuchi, Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, N. Muramatsu, J. Urata, K. Hongo, T. Yoshikai, and M. Inaba, “An Advanced Musculoskeletal Humanoid Kojiro,” Humanoids2007, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 2007.
-  H. Iwata and S. Sugano, “Design of human symbiotic robot TWENDY-ONE,” Proc. of The 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 580-586, 2009.
-  A. Albu-Schaeffer, O. Eiberger, M. Grebenstein, S. Haddadin, C. Ott, T. Wimboeck, S. Wolf, and G. Hirzinger, “Soft Robotics,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 20-30, 2008.
-  J. Urata, T. Hirose, N. Yuta, Y. Nakanishi, I. Mizuuchi, and M. Inaba, “Thermal Control of Electrical Motors for High-Power Humanoid Robots,” IROS2008, pp. 2047-2052, Nice, France, 2008.
-  H. Yamato, M. Shimizu, Y. Okumura, K. Toda, and T. Furuta, “Development ofMotor Drive Module (FTMD),” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.27, No.2, p. 156, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  N. Yamasaki, “Responsive Multithreaded Processor for Distributed Real-Time Systems,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 130-141, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.