PWM Controlled Suction-and-Exhalation Master-Slave System for Micro-Manipulation
Yuki Shirato*1, Hiromi Mochiyama*1, Hisato Kobayashi*2,
Junya Tatsuno*3, and Hiroyuki Kawai*4
*1Department of Intelligent Interaction Technologies, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
*2Faculty of Engineering and Design, Hosei University, 2-17-1 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8160, Japan
*3Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kinki University, 1 Takeya-Umenobe, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-2116, Japan
*4Department of Robotics, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, 7-1 Ohgigaoka, Nonoichi, Ishikawa 921-8501, Japan
-  A. Ashkin, J. M. Dziedzic, J. E. Bjorkholm, and Steven Chu, “Observation of a Single-Beam Gradient Force Optical Trap for Dielectric Particles,” Optical Letteres, Vol.11, pp, 288-290, 1986.
-  J. W. Jorgenson and K. D. Lukacs, “Free-Zone Electrophoresis in Glass Capillaries,” Clinical Chemistry, Vol.27, pp. 1551-1553, 1981.
-  S.Masuda, M.Washizu, and M. Iwadare, “Separation of Small Particles Suspended in Liquid by Non-uniform Travelling Field,” IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.23, pp. 474-480, 1987.
-  V. Lund, R. Schmid, D. Rickwood, F. Robbiati, and E. Homes, “Assessment of Methods for Covalent Binding of Nucleic Acids to Magnetic Beads, DynabeadsTM, and the Characteristics of the Bound Nucleic Acids in Hybridization Reactions,” Nucleic Acids Research, Vol.16, pp. 10861-10880, 1988.
-  J. Shi, D. Ahmed, X. Mao, S. S. Lin, A. Lawit, and T. J. Huang, “Acoustic Tweezers: Patterning Cells and Microparticles using Standing Surface Acoustic Waves (SSAW),” Lab on a Chip, Vol.9, pp. 2890-2895, 2009.
-  E. V. Poorten, T. Kanno, and Y. Yokokohji, “Robust Variable-Scale Bilateral Control for Micro Teleoperation,” Proc. of the 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2008), pp. 655-662, 2008.
-  T. Tanikawa and T. Arai, “Development of a Micro-Manipulation System Having a Two-Fingered Micro-Hand,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.15, pp. 152-162, 1999.
-  Y. Yamanishi, S. Sakuma, K. Onda, and F. Arai, “Biocompatible Polymeric Magnetically Driven Microtool for Particle Sorting,” J. of Micro-Nano Mechatronics, Vol.4, pp. 49-57, 2008.
-  Y. Shirato, H.Mochiyama, H. Kobayashi, J. Tatsuno, and H. Kawai, “Micro-Manipulation System with Straw Interface based on Body Image Embedding,” Proc. of The First IFToMM Asian Conf. on Mechanism and Machine Science (Asian-MMS2010), 2010.
-  H. Mochiyama, Y. Shirato, H. Kobayashi, J. Tatsuno, and H. Kawai, “Bio-manipulation with a Robotic Straw,” Proc. of the 2010 Int. Symposium on Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science (MHS2010), pp. 290-295, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.