3D Terrain Reconstruction by Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Using SIFT-Based Monocular SLAM
Taro Suzuki*, Yoshiharu Amano*, Takumi Hashizume*,
and Shinji Suzuki**
*Research Institute for Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 17 Kikui-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0044, Japan
**Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
-  M. Nagai et al., “UAV-Borne 3-D Mapping System by Multisensor Integration,” IEEE Trans. on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.47, Issue 3, pp. 701-708, 2009.
-  D. Törnqvist, G. Conte, R. Kärlsson, T. B. Schon, and F. Gustafsson, “Utilizing model structure for efficient simultaneous localization and mapping for a UAV application,” Proc. of the IEEE Aerospace Conf., 2008.
-  J. Artieda, J. M. Sebastian, P. Campoy, J. F. Correa, I. F. Mondragón, C. Martínez, and M. Olivares, “Visual 3-D SLAM from UAVs,” J. of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.55, No.4-5, pp. 299-321, 2009.
-  J. H. Kim and S. Sukkarieh, “Airborne simultaneous localisation and map building,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 406-411, 2003.
-  H. Eisenbeiss and L. Zhang, “Comparison of DSMs generated from mini UAV imagery and terrestrial laser scanner in a cultural heritage application,” Int. Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol.XXXVI-Part5, pp. 90-96, 2006.
-  M. Bryson and S. Sukkarieh, “Building a Robust Implementation of Bearing-Only Inertial SLAM for a UAV,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.24, Issue 1-2, pp. 113-143, 2007.
-  S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, “Probabilistic Robotics,” The MIT Press, 2005.
-  H. Durrant-Whyte et al., “Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM): Part I The Essential Algorithms,” Robotics and Automation Magazine, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 99-110, 2006.
-  T. Bailey and H. Durrant-Whyte, “Simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM): Part II,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 108-117, Sep., 2006.
-  A. Davison et al., “Monoslam: Real-time single camera slam,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, pp. 1052-1067, 2007.
-  B. Williams et al., “A comparison of loop closing techniques in monocular SLAM,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.57, Issue 12, pp. 1187-1197, 2009.
-  A. Tsourdos, N. Aouf, V. Sazdovski, and B. White, “Low altitude airbone slam with ins aided vision system,” Proc. of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conf. and Exhibit, 2007.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Distinctive Image Features from Scale-Invariant Keypoints,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, pp. 91-110, 2004.
-  R. Hirokawa, “Guidance and Control System Design and Evaluation for a Small UAV,” 2nd Int. Symposium on Innovative Aerial/Space Flyer Systems, pp. 105-108, 2005.
-  Z. Zhang, “Flexible Camera Calibration By Viewing a Plane From Unknown Orientations,” Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 666-673, 1999.
-  P. H. S. Torr, “Bayesian model estimation and selection for epipolar geometry and generic manifold fitting,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.50, pp. 35-61, 2002.
-  R. Hirokawa, N. Kajiwara, and T. Suzuki, “Low-Cost Miniature GPS/INS for Small UAVs with Reduced Order Kalman Filter,” Proc. of the Int. Symposium on GPS/GNSS 2008, pp. 211-220, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.