Stress Presumption of the Long Driving Using the Facial Thermal Image
Hirotoshi Asano*, Hitoshi Onogaki**, Takumi Muto*,
Syuichi Yokoyama**, and Hideto Ide*
*Aoyama Gakuin University, 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa 229-8558, Japan
**Kogakuin University, 1-24-2 Nishi-Shinzyuku, Shinzyuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8677, Japan
-  “Traffic safety white paper,” 2007.
-  A. Nozawa, H. Misawa, H. Tanaka, and H. Ide, “Evaluation of the mental work load of the driver about the conversation form by the face heat picture,” T. IEEJ, Vol.126, No7, pp. 804-809, 2006.
-  R. Sakamoto, A. Nozawa, H. Tanaka, T. Mizuno, and H. Ide, “Evaluation of the driver’s temporary arousal level by facial skin thermogram –Effect of surrounding temperature and wind on the thermogram–,” T. IEEJ, Vol.126, No.7, pp. 804-809, 2005.
-  Japanese physiology anthropology meeting, Measurement research section, “Human science measurement handbook,” Gihodo Shuppan, 1996.
-  J. A. Healey and R. W. Picard, “Detecting Stress During Real-World Driving Tasks Using Physiological Sensors,” IEEE, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 156-166, 2005.
-  H. Zeire et al., “Effects of work demands on IgA and cortisol in air traffic controllers,” Biol. Psychol, Vol.42, No.3, pp. 413-423, 1996.
-  K. A. Brookhuis, D. D. Waard, and S. H. Fairclough, “Criteria for driver impairment,” ERGONOMICS, Vol.46, No.5, pp. 433-445, 2003.
-  S. K. L. Lal and A. Craig, “Reproducibility of the spectral components of the electroencephalogram during driver fatigue,” Int. J. of Psychophysiology, Vol.55, No.2, pp. 137-143, 2005.
-  M. Ueda, A. Kndo, H. Matumoto, H. Hayakawa, and T. Nakata, “A Study of Quantification for Driver’s Fatigue on Psychological and Physiological Response by Driving Experiment,” Committee of Infrastructure Planning and Management, JSCE, 2005.
-  T. Taguchi, “Evaluation of Fatigue during Car Driving,” Toyota Central R&D Labs, Vol.33, No.4, 1998.
-  T. Higashi, M. Yamaguchi, M. Deguchi, J. Wakasugi, and Y. Mizuno, “Monitor of sympathetic nervous system using salivary amylase activity and assessment of driving stress,” IEICE TECHNICAL REPORT, Vol.104, No.483, pp. 35-40, 2004.
-  Y. Mizuno, “Human sensing,” YAMAHA MOTOR TECHNICAL REVIEW, 2004.
-  S. K. L. Lala, A. Craiga, P. Boorda, L. Kirkupb, and H. Nguyen, “Development of an algorithm for an EEG-based driver fatigue countermeasure,” J. of Safety Research, Vol.34, No.3, pp. 321-328, 2003.
-  Japanese society of fatigue science, “Anti-fatigue clinical evaluation guideline,” 2008.
-  Y. Kitamura and T. Hatakeyama, “Effect of Workload on Driver: psychophysiological Approach,” IEICE TECHNICAL REPORT, Vol.103, No.590, pp. 33-37, 2004.
-  A. Nozawa and H. Ide, “Emotion recognition by the circumference Nasal skin temperature,” Inspection technology, Vol.8, No.9, pp. 1-6, 2003.
-  T. Shimomitsu, “The manual of present condition grasp of stress using the simple questionnaire of occupational stress,” Ministry of Health, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.