Shape Recognition of Metallic Landmark and its Application to Self-Position Estimation for Mobile Robot
Hajime Fujii, Yoshinobu Ando, Takashi Yoshimi,
and Makoto Mizukawa
Shibaura Institute of Technology, 3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan
This paper proposes a method of improving selfposition estimation accuracy with metallic landmarks for mobile robots. Many methods of the past selfposition estimation researches have used GPS, laserrange scanners, and CCD cameras, but have been unable to obtain landmark information correctly due to environmental factors. Metallic landmarks are useful in environments where conventional sensors do not work well. Self-position estimation accuracy is thus increased by combining metallic landmark information with that from other equipment.
-  S. Yuta, M. Mizukawa, H. Hashimoto, and H. Tashiro, “Tsukuba Challenge 2009: Towards Robots Working in Real World,” 10th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. (SI2009), 1B2-1, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  N. Hashimoto, M. Yokotsuka, T. Takei, Y. Suzuki, and O. Matsumoto, “A Wheel Chair type Robot for Tsukuba Challenge –Position Estimation using Map Matching method with Grid-Map–,” 10th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. (SI2009), 1B1-1, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  T. Tsubouchi, N. Morikawa, Y. Sawada, A. N. Chand, S. Bando, Y. Okada, M. Shiina, Y. Koshihara, T. Shikina, K. KiShita, and Y. Morales, “An approach of Okugai-gumi in the Intelligent Robot Lab. at U. of Tsukuba for Tsukuba Challenge 2009,” 10th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. (SI2009), 3B2-6, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  S. Jia, A. Yasuda, D. Chugo, and K. Takase, “LRF-based selflocalization of mobile robot using Extended Kalman Filter,” SICE Annual Conf., pp. 2295-2298, 2008.
-  K. Ohno, T. Tsubouchi, and S. Yuta, “Outdoor Map Building Based on Odometry and RTK-GPS Positioning Fusion,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 689-690, 2004.
-  Y. Morales, E. Takeuchi, and T. Tsubouchi, “Vehicle localization in outdoor woodland environments with sensor fault detection,” 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 449-454, 2008.
-  K. Sawada, T. Suzuki, R. Muraishi, J. Meguro, J. Takiguchi, and T. Hashizumi, “Autonomous Mobile System in Outdoor Environment Influence on GPS accuracy of the moving system on the stroll road around trees,” 8th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. (SI2007), 3C3-4, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, “Probabilistic Robotics,” The MIT Press, 2005.
-  T. Ikeda, F. Nakazawa, Y. Ando, and M. Mizukawa, “Research on Sensor Fusion and Position Estimation of Autonomous Robot in Outdoor Environment using Particle Filter,” Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2009 (Robomec’09), 2A2-E20, 2009. (in Japanese)
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.