Road-Crossing Landmarks Detection by Outdoor Mobile Robots
Aneesh Chand and Shin‘ichi Yuta
Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  Q. Muhlbauer, S. Sosnowski, T. Xu, T. Zhang, K. Kuhnlenz, and M. Buzz, “Navigation through Urban Environments by Visual Perception and Interaction,” Proc. 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3558-3564, 2009.
-  G. Lidoris, F. Rohrmuller, D. Wollherr, and M. Buss, “The Autonomous City Explorer Project -Mobile robot navigation in highly populated urban environments,” Proc. 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1416-1422, 2009.
-  Y. Morales, E. Takeuchi, A. Carballo, W. Tokunaga, H. Kuniyoshi, A. Aburadani, A. Hirosawa, Y. Nagasaka, Y. Suzuki, and T. Tsubouchi, “1km Autonomous Robot Navigation on Outdoor Pedestrian Paths – Running the Tsukuba Challenge 2007,” Proc. 2008 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 219-225, 2008.
-  S. Yuta, M. Mizukawa, and H. Hashimoto, “Tsukuba Challenge: The Purpose and Results,” Special Issue on Tsukuba Challenge, The J. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.49, pp. 572-578, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Morales, A. Carballo, E. Takeuchi, A. Aburadani, and T. Tsubouchi, “Autonomous robot navigation in outdoor cluttered pedestrian walkways,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.26, Issue 8, pp. 609-635, 2008.
-  H. Bay, A. Ess, T. Tuytelaars, and L. V. Gool, “SURF: Speeded up Robust Features,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), Vol.110, No.3, pp. 346-359, 2008.
-  P. Viola and M. J. Jones, “Rapid Object Detection Using a Boosted Cascade of Simple Features,” IEEE Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2001.
-  M. S. Uddin and T. Shioyama, “Detection of Pedestrian Crossing using Bipolarity and Projective Invariant,” 2005 IAPR Conf. on Machine Vision Applications, pp. 132-135, 2005.
-  S. Stephen, “Zebra-crossing detection for the partially sighted,” Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Vol.2, pp. 211-217, 2000.
-  A. R. Smith, “Color gamut transform pairs,” Computer Graphics, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 12-19, 1978.
-  P. J. Burt, T. H. Hong, and A. Rosenfeld, “A Segmentation and Estimation of Image Region Properties through Cooperative Hierarchical Computation,” IEEE Trans. On System, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.SMC-11, No.12, 1981.
-  “Intel Corporation,” Open Source Computer Vision Library, Reference Manual, Beta 2 version, pp. 10-29, 2001.
-  A. Kosir and J. F. Tasic, “Pyramid segmentation parameters estimation based on image total variation,” In Proc. of IEEE Conf. EUROCON, 2003.
-  S. Yuta, S. Suzuki, and S. Iida, “Implementation of a Small Size Experimental Self-Contained Autonomous Robot – Sensors, Vehicle Control and Description of Sensor Based Behavior,” Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Vol.190, The 2nd, Int. Sym. on Experimental Robotics II, pp. 344-358, 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.