Behavior Change of Crickets in a Robot-Mixed Society
Rodrigo da Silva Guerra*1, Hitoshi Aonuma*2, Koh Hosoda*1, *3,
and Minoru Asada*1, *4
*1JST ERATO Asada Synergistic Intelligence Project
*2Research Institute for Electronic Science, Hokkaido University
*3Department of Multimedia Engineering, Graduate School of Information Science, Osaka University
*4Department of Adaptive Machine Systems, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
-  J. Halloy, G. Sempo, G. Caprari, C. Rivault, M. Asadpour, F. Tâche, I. Saïd, V. Durier, S. Canonge, J. M. Amé, C. Detrain, N. Correll, A. Martinoli, F. Mondala, R. Siegwart, and J. L. Deneuborg, “Social Integration of Robots into Groups of Cockroaches to Control Self-Organized Choices,” Science, Vol.318, No.5853, pp. 1155-1158, November 2007.
-  J. Nagamoto, H. Aonuma, and M. Hisada, “Discrimination of Conspecific Individuals via Cuticular Pheromones by Males of the Cricket Gryllus bimaculatus,” Zoological Science, Vol.26, No.11, pp. 1079-1088, October 2005.
-  R. D. Alexander, “Aggressiveness, territoriality, and sexual behavior in field crickets (orthoptera: gryllidae),” Behavior, Vol.17, No.2-3, pp. 130-223, 1961.
-  S. A. Adamo and R. R. Hoy, “Agonistic behaviour in male and female field crickets, Gryllus bimaculatus, and how behavioural context influences its expression,” Animal Behaviour, Vol.49, No.6, pp. 1491-1501, June 1995.
-  H. Aonuma, M. Iwazaki, and K. Niwa, “Role of NO signaling in switching mechanisms in the nervous system of insect,” In SICE Annual Conf., Vol.3, pp. 2477-2482, 2004.
-  R. S. Guerra, J. Boedecker, S. Yanagimachi, and M. Asada, “Introducing a New Minirobotics Platform for Research and Edutainment,” In Proc. of the 4th Int. Symposium on Autonomous Minirobots for Research and Edutainment, Vol.216 of HNI-Verlagsschriftenreihe. Heinz Nixdorf Institut, Universität Paderborn, October 2007.
-  R. S. Guerra, J. Boedecker, S. Yanagimachi, H. Ishiguro, and M. Asada, “A New Minirobotics System for Teaching and Researching Agent-based Programming,” In V. Uskov, editor, Proc. of Computers and Advanced Technology in Education – 2007, October 2007.
-  L. P. Noldus, A. J. Spink, and R. A. Tegelenbosch, “EthoVision: A Versatile Video Tracking System For Automation of Behavioral Experiments,” Behavior Research Methods, Instruments & Computers, Vol.3, pp. 398-414, 2001.
-  T. Lochmatter, P. Rodult, C. Clanci, N. Correll, J. Jacot, and A. Martinoli, “A Flexible Open Source Tracking Software for Multi-Agent Systems,” In Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 4004-4010. IEEE, 2008.
-  R. Y. Tsai, “An Efficient and Accurate Camera Calibration Technique for 3D Machine Vision,” In Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 364-374, Miami Beach, FL, 1986.
-  R. Okada, J. Ikeda, and M. Mizunami, “Sensory responses and movement-related activities in extrinsic neurons of the cockroach mushroom bodies,” J. of Comparative Physiology A: Neuroethology, Sensory, Neural, and Behavioral Physiology, Vol.185, No.2, pp. 115-129, August 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.