Development of Closed-Fitting-Type Walking Assistance Device for Legs with Self-Contained Control System
Tadaaki Ikehara*1, Eiichirou Tanaka*2, Kazuteru Nagamura*3,
Takanobu Tamiya*1, Takurou Ushida*4, Kenichi Hashimoto*4,
Sho Kojima*4, Kiyotaka Ikejo*3, and Louis Yuge*3
*1Tokyo Metropolitan College of Industrial Technology
*2Shibaura Institute of Technology
*4Graduate School of Engineering, Shibaura Institute of Technology
-  T. Ikehara, N. Fukaya, S. Imai, and E. Tanaka, “Development of Ankle Foot Orthosis with Movable Assistance : Examination on Dynamic Balance and a Prolonged Walk from the Viewpoint of Muscle Activity,” JSME annual meeting, 2004, Vol.4, pp. 213-214, 2004.
-  R. Kozakai, H. Shimokata, and K. Yabe, “Change of the walk movement with the aging,” Japanese J. of Biomechanics in Sports and Exercise, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 162-167, 2001. (in Japanese)
-  T. Fuchimoto, “SIGNIFICANCE OF EVALUATING WALKING ABILITY IN ELDERLY FROM A BIOMECHANICAL POINT OF VIEW (Special Issue of Physical Fitness Research Interest Group),” J. of Physiological Anthropology Vol.5, No.2, pp. 73-78, 2000.
-  K. Yamamoto, K. Hyodo, M. Ishii, and T. Matsuo, “Development of Power Assisting Suit for Assisting Nurse Labor,” JSME, SeriesC, Vol.67, No.657, pp. 1499-1506, 2001. (in Japanese)
-  M. Ishii, K. Yamamoto, and K. Hyodo, “Stand Alone Wearable Power Assisting Suit: Development and Availability,” JSME, SeriesC, Vol.72, No.715, pp. 857-864, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Shimizu, T. Suzuki, E. Saitoh, Y. Muraoka, S. Tanabe, T. Takemitsu, A. Uno, M. Katoh, and M. Ozeki, “A Preliminary Report about a new Robot WPAL (Wearable Power-Assist Locomotor) for Paraplegic Gait Reconstruction,” Japanese J. of Rehabilitation Medicine, Vol.46, No.8, pp. 527-533, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Akazawa, A. Nakagawa, H. Matsubara, T. Nakamura, T. Nomura, and M. Tanaka, “Introducing Mechatronic Technology into Ankle-Foot Orthosis Joint –Experimental gait wearing an AFO with Variable Joint Viscosity–,” The Hyogo Assistive Technology Research and Design Institute, pp. 199-202, 2003.
-  Y. Sankai, “Robot Suit HAL for Human Motion Support,” Proc. of the Welfare Engineering Symposium 2007, pp. 19-20, 2007.
-  T. Ikehara, E. Tanaka, T. Tamiya, N. Fukaya, and K. Nagamura, “Development of a Walking Support System with Motion Assist Functions,” IFToMM, 2007 (CD-ROM).
-  T. Ikehara, E. Tanaka, K. Nagamura, T. Tamiya, and N. Fukaya, “Development of close-fitting-type walking assist machine for lower limbs,” J. of Japan Soc. for Design Engineering, Vol.44, No.8, pp. 458-464, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  M. Kawauchi, “Japanese Body Dimension Data,” 1997-98, Digital Human Research Center, 2000.
-  Y. Ehara and S. Yamamoto, “Introductory of Body dynamics,” Ishiyaku Publishers, Inc., pp. 134-149, 2002.
-  Gear handbook edits Committee, “Gear hand book,” The Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, Ltd., pp. 306-310, 1969.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.