Trajectory Generation of CPM Device for Upper Limbs Considering Constraint Caused by Joint Disorder
Shota Miyaguchi*, Nobutomo Matsunaga**, and Shigeyasu Kawaji**
*Omron Corporation, 9-1 Kizugawadai, Kizugawa-City, Kyoto 619-0283, Japan
**Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, 2-39-1 Kurokami, Kumamoto-shi, Kumamoto 860-8555, Japan
-  J. Furusho, K. Koyanagi, Y. Imada, Y. Fujii, K. Nakanishi, K. Domen, K. Miyakoshi, U. Ryu, S. Takenaka, and A. Inoue, “A 3-D Rehabilitation System for Upper limbs Developed 5-Year NEDO Project and its Clinical Testing,” Proc. of the 2005 Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 53-56, 2005.
-  M. D. Duong, C. Teraoka, T. Imamura, T. Miyoshi, and K. Terashima, “Master-Slave System with Teleoperation for Rehabilitation,” 16th IFAC World Congress, Th-A01-TP/9, 2005.
-  N. Hogan, H. I. Krebs, B. Rohrer, J. J. Palazzolo, L. Dipietro, S. E. Fasoli, J. Stein, R. Hughes, W. R. Frontera, D. Lynch, and B. T. Volpe, “Motions or Muscle? Some Behavioral Factors Underlying Robotic Assistance of Motor Recovery,” The J. of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Vol.43, No.5, pp. 605-618, 2006.
-  W. O’Driscoll and N. J. Giori, “Continuous Passive Motion (CPM): Theory and Principles of Clinical Application,” The J. of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 179-188, 2000.
-  R. B. Salter, “Continuous Passive Motion (CPM),” Williams & Wilkins, Inc., 1993.
-  N. Tanaka, Y. Okajima, M. Taki, S. Uchida, Y. Tomita, T. Horiuchi, T. Sakaki, and A. Kimura, “Effect of Continuous Range of Motion Exercise on Passive Resistive Joint Torque,” The Japanese J. of Rehabilitation Medicine, Vol.35, No.7, pp. 491-495, 1998. (in Japanese)
-  S. Kawaji and I. Sakurai, “R&D on User-friendly Passive Motion Device for Upper Limbs,” KINZOKU Materials Science and Technology, Vol.76, No.1, pp. 37-40, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  N. Matsunaga, S.Miyaguchi, K. Nojiri, and S. Kawaji, “Impedance Control of CPM Device with Flex-/Extension and Pro-/Supination for Upper Limbs,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. Series C, Vol.73, No.733, pp. 2583-2590, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  W. Blauth and T. Jaeger, “Arthrolysis of the Elbow,” Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 105-121, 1992.
-  A. M. Weinberg, I. T. Pietsch, M. B. Helm, J. Hesselbach, and H. Tscherne, “A New Kinematic Model of Pro- and Supination of Human Forearm,” J. of Biomechanics, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 487-491, 2000.
-  D. A. Neumann, “Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System,” Ishiyaku Publishers, Inc., 2002.
-  Y. Sasashige, M. Ochi, and Y. Ikuta, “Optimal Attachment Site for Reconstruction of the Ulnar Collateral Ligament. A Cadaver Study,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Vol.113, No.5, pp. 265-270, 1994.
-  M. Safran, C. S. Ahmad, and N. S. Elattrache, “Current Concepts Ulnar Collateral Ligament of the Elbow,” The J. of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, Vol.21, No.11, pp. 1381-1395, 2005.
-  A. Kecskemethy and A. Weinberg, “An Improved Elasto-Kinematic Model of The Humanforearm for Biofidelic Medical Diagnosis,” Multibody System Dynamics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 1-21, 2005.
-  E. Kreyszig, “Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 8th Edition,” Wiley, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.