Multiple-Person Tracking by Multiple Cameras and Laser Range Scanners in Indoor Environments
Hiroshi Noguchi*, Taketoshi Mori*, Takashi Matsumoto**, Masamichi Shimosaka*, and Tomomasa Sato*
*The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc., 2-3-6 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8141, Japan
-  Y. Kobayashi, D. Sugimura, Y. Sato, K. Hirasawa, N. Suzuki, H. Kage, and A. Sugimoto, “3D Head Tracking using the Particle Filter with Cascaded Classifiers,” In The British Machine Vision Conf., pp. 37-46, 2006.
-  Y. Matsumoto, T. Kato, and T. Wada, “An Occlusion Robust Likelihood Integration Method for Multi-Camera People Head Tracking,” In Int. Conf. on Networked Sensing Systems, pp. 235-242, 2007.
-  K. Kim and L. S. Davis, “Multi-camera Tracking and Segmentation of Occluded People on Ground Plane Using Search-Guided Particle Filtering,” In ECCV, pp. 98-109, 2006.
-  T. Mori, H. Noguchi, A. Takada, and T. Sato, “Sensing Room Environment: Distributed Sensor Space for Measurement of Human Dialy Behavior,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, E-S-1 No.1, pp. 97-103, 2006.
-  W.-H. Liau, C.-L. Wu, and L.-C. Fu, “Inhabitants Tracking System in a Cluttered Home Environment Via Floor Load Sensors,” IEEE Trans. on Automation Science and Engineering, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 10-20, 2008.
-  T. Murakita, T. Ikeda, and H. Ishiguro, “Human Tracking using Floor Sensors based on the Markov Chain Monte Carlo Method,” In Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition(ICPR), pp. 917-920, 2004.
-  H. Morishita, R. Fukui, and T. Sato, “High Resolution Pressure Sensor Distributed Floor for Future Human-Robot Symbiosis Environment,” In Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 1246-1251, 2002.
-  H. Zhao and R. Shibasaki, “A Novel System for Tracking Pedestrians Using Multiple Single-row Laser-Range Scanners,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol.35, No.2, pp. 283-291, 2005.
-  J. Cui, H. Zha, H. Zhao, and R. Shibasaki, “Laser-based Interacting People Tracking Using Multi-level Observations,” In IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1799-1804, 2006.
-  A. Fod, A. Howard, and M. J. Mataric, “A Laser-Based People Tracker,” In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3024-3029, 2002.
-  D. F. Glas, T. Miyashita, H. Ishiguro, and N. Hagita, “Laser Tracking of Human Body Motion Using Adaptive Shape Modeling,” In IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 602-608, 2007.
-  A. Dore, A. F. Cattoni, and C. S. Regazzoni, “A Particle Filter Based Fusion Framework for Video-Radio Tracking in Smart Spaces,” In Int. Conf. on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance (AVSS 2007), pp. 99-104, Sep. 2007.
-  T. Mori, T. Matsumoto, M. Shimosaka, H. Noguchi, and T. Sato, “Multiple Persons Tracking with Data Fusion of Multiple Cameras and Floor Sensors Using Particle Filters,” In ECCV Workshop on Multi-camera ad Multi-modal Sensor Fusion Algorithms and Applications (M2SFA2), 2008.
-  T. Mori, Y. Suemasu, H. Noguchi, and T. Sato, “Multiple People Tracking by Integrating Distributed Floor Pressure Sensors and RFID System,” In IEEE Int. Conf. on System Man and Cybernetics, pp. 5271-5278, 2004.
-  J. Cui, H. Zha, H. Zhao, and R. Shibasaki, “Tracking Multiple People using Laser and Vision,” In Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1301-1306, 2005.
-  R. Kurazume, H. Yamada, K. Murakami, Y. Iwashita, and T. Hasegawa, “Target Tracking Using SIR and MCMC Particle Filters by Multiple Cameras and Laser Range Finders,” In IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 3838-3844, 2008.
-  M. Isard and A. Blake, “Condensation-Conditional density propagation for visual tracking,” Int. J. on Computer Vision, Vol.29, No.1, pp. 5-28, 1998.
-  J. Vermaak and A. D. a. Perez, “Maintaining Multi-Modality through Mixture Tracking,” In Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 1110-1116, 2003.
-  J. Czyza, B. Risticb, and B. Macqa, “A Particle Filter for Joint Detection and Tracking of Color Objects,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 1271-1281, 2007.
-  Z. Zhang, “A Flexible New Technique for Camera Calibration,” Microsoft Research Technical Report, MSR-TR-98-71, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.