Development of Walking Assist Machine Using Linkage Mechanism - Mechanism and its Fundamental Motion -
Hiroyuki Inoue* and Toshiro Noritsugu**
*Tsuyama National College of Technology, 624-1 Numa, Tsuyama-shi, Okayama 708-8509, Japan
**Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3-1-1 Tsushimanaka, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
-  M. P. Murray, R. C. Kory, and B. H. Clarkson, “Walking patterns in healthy old men,” J. of Gerontology, Vol.24, No.2, pp. 169-178, 1969.
-  K. L. Riffle, “Falls: Kinds, causes and prevention,” Geriatric Nursing, April/May, pp. 165-169, 1982.
-  H. Kawamoto and Y. Sankai, “Power assist method based on Phase Sequence and muscle force condition for HAL,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.19, No.7, pp. 717-734, 2005.
-  E. Tanaka, T. Ikehara, K. Nagamura, K. Ikejo, T. Sakamoto, Y. Inoue, and S. Saegusa, “Study on the Walking Support Machine Indoors by Assisting Whole Legs,” Proc. of the ASME 2007 Int. Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conf., DETC2007-34081, 2007.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Development of Energy Autonomous Type Pneumatic Walking Support Shoes,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 353-358, 2009.
-  M. Ishii, K. Yamamoto, and K. Hyodo, “Stand-Alone Wearable Power Assist Suit – Development and Availability –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 575-583, 2005.
-  J. Perry, “Gait analysis, Normal and pathological function,” Thorofare, NJ, Slack, Inc., 1992.
-  D. A. Neumann, “Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System,” Ishiyaku Publishers, Inc., pp. 560-564, 2005.
-  C. O. Bechtol, “Normal human gait,” In J. H. Bowker and C. B. Hall (Eds.), Atlas of Orthopedics: American Academy of Orthopeadic Surgeon, pp. 133-143, 1975.
-  D. A. Winter, “The Biomechanics and Motor Control of Human Gait: Normal,” Elderly and Pathological, 2nd ed. Waterloo, Canada, University of Waterloo Press, 1991.
-  I. P. Herman, “Physics of the Human Body: Biological and Medical Physics,” Biomedical Engineering, NTS, Inc., pp. 16-20, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.