Intelligent Ambience that can Influence Robot Behavior
Shinichi Tsunoo*,**, Takeshi Sakaguchi**, Kazuhito Yokoi**, and Kazuyoshi Wada*
*Graduate School of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University
6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
**National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
AIST Central 2, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
-  K. Tanie and N. Matsuhira, “Common platform Technology for next-generation robots : development of platforms based on information structured environment,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.25, No.4, pp. 501-504, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  M. Mizukawa, T. Yamaguchi, and E. Sato, “Functional Design of Information Space for Interaction between Human and Artificial Intelligence,” 8th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. (SI2007), pp. 871-872, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  T. Sato, T. Harada, and T. Mori, “Environment-Type Robot System Robotic Room Featured by Behavior Media Behavior Contents and Behavior Adaptation,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 529-534, 2004.
-  J.-H. Lee and H. Hashimoto, “Intelligent Space - concept and contents,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 265-280, 2002.
-  T. Hasegawa, K. Murakami, R. Kurazume, Y. Senta, Y. Kimuro, and T. Ienaga, “Robot Town Project: Sensory Data Management and Interaction with Robot of Intelligent Environment for Daily Life,” Proc. 2007 Int. Conf. on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence, 2007.
-  K. Kodaka, H. Niwa, and S. Sugano, “Dynamic Pose Estimation of a Robot using RFID Arrangement Information,” 9th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., pp. 86-87, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  D. Kurabayashi, H. Asama, H. Kaetsu, I. Endo, and T. Arai, “Knowledge acquisition and sharing among autonomous robots by intelligent data carriers,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 105-122, 2002.
-  M. Shibata, A. Gofuku, and H. Nishina, “Development of an intelligent mark and its recognition system to obtain the information of a working space for service robots,” 2006 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics (ROBOMEC2006), pp. 2P1-E20, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  H. Sato, H. Tasaka, K. Nagatani, and A. Gofuku, “Environmental Recognition and Objects Manipulation for Mobile Manipulators Using Optical Communication Marsk,” The 22-th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2P2-L1-33, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  H. Sato, H. Tasaka, K. Nagatani, and A. Gofuku, “Grasp Motion for Mobile Manipulator Based on Intelligent Mark System - Grasping Strategy and Implementation with IMS -,” The 21-th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 3K-31, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  J. Ota, R. Katsuki, and T. Arai, “Object Manipulation of a Robot by Utilizing QR Code,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 678-682, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  R. A. Brooks, “Intelligence without representation,” Artificial Intelligence. 47, pp. 139-159, 1987.
-  P. Maes, “The dynamics of action selection,” Proc. IJCAI-89, pp. 991-997, 1989.
-  P. Maes, “Situated Agents Can Have Goals,” J. for Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.6, No.1, 1990.
-  R. Pfifer and C. Scheier, “Sensory-motor coordination: the meta-phor and beyond,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems 20, pp. 157-178, 1997.
-  C. Scheier and R. Pfeifer, “Classification as Sensorymotor Coordination,” Proc. European Conf. on Artficial Life, pp. 656-667, 1995.
-  T. Kondo, A. Ishiguro, and Y. Uchikawa, “An Emergent Approach to Construct Behavior Arbitration Mechanism for Autonomous Mobile Robot,” Trans. SICE, Vol.33, No.1, pp. 1-9, 1997.
-  A. Ishiguro, Y. Watanabe, T. Kondo, and Y. Uchikawa, “Decentralized Consensus-Making Mechanisms Based on Immune System. Application to a Behavior Arbitration of an Autonomous Mobile Robot,” Proc. Int. Conf. Evolutionary Computation, pp. 82-87, 1996.
-  T. Ujiie, T. Sakaguchi, K. Yokoi, K. Wada, T. Sugawara, and K. Ohba, “A Robot Control Method Integrating ‘Kukanchi’ - Door Closing Task Experiments with Mobile Manipulator -,” 2008 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics (ROBOMEC2008), No.08-4, 2P1-H04, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  S. Tsunoo, T. Sakaguchi, K. Yokoi, and K. Wada, “Intelligent Ambience that can lead robot action -Concept-,” 8th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. (SI2007), pp. 123-124, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  S. Tsunoo, T. Sakaguchi, K. Yokoi, and K. Wada, “Intelligent Ambience that can lead robot action - A system design concept -,” The 26-th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2N1-06, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  http://www.roboken.esys.tsukuba.ac.jp/english/Yamabico/robot/
-  K. Kaneko, F. Kanehiro, S. Kajita, H. Hirukawa, T. Kawasaki, M. Hirata, K.Akachi, and T. Isozumi, “Humanoid Robot HRP-2,” Proc. 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2004), pp. 1083-1090, 2004.
-  S. Tsunoo, T. Sakaguchi, K. Yokoi, and K. Wada, “Intelligent Ambience that can lead robot action - Experimental verification -,” Proc. 9th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. (SI2008), pp. 93-94, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  S. Tsunoo, T. Sakaguchi, K. Yokoi, and K. Wada, “Intelligent Ambience that can lead robot action - Development of a device for Intelligent Ambience and its experimental evaluation -,” Proc. 2009 JSME Conf. Robotics and Mechatronics, 2A1-G22, 2009.
-  “Strategic Technology Roadmap 2009: Roadmap for Strategic Planning and Implementation of R&D Investment,” METI, Japan, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.