Perception-Assist with an Active Stereo Camera for an Upper-Limb Power-Assist Exoskeleton
Kazuo Kiguchi, Manoj Liyanage, and Yasunori Kose
Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saga University, Saga, Japan
-  K. Kiguchi, S. Kariya, K. Watanabe, K. Izumi, and T. Fukuda, “An exoskeletal robot for human elbow motion support - sensor fusion, adaptation, and control,'' IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 353-361, 2001.
-  K. Kiguchi, K. Iwami, M. Yasuda, K. Watanabe, and T. Fukuda, “An exoskeletal robot for human shoulder joint motion assist,'' IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 125-135, 2003.
-  K. Kiguchi, T. Tanakda, and T. Fukuda, “Neuro-fuzzy control of a robotic exoskeleton with EMG signals,'' IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 481-490, 2004.
-  K. Kiguchi, R. Esaki, and T. Fukuda, “Development of a wearable exoskeleton for daily forearm motion assist,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.19, No.7, pp. 751-771, 2005.
-  K. Kiguchi and Q. Quan, “Muscle-Model-Oriented EMG-Based Control of an Upper-Limb Power-Assist Exoskeleton with a Neuro-Fuzzy modifier,” Proc. of IEEE World Congress of Computational Intelligence, pp. 1179-1184, 2008.
-  J. Rosen, M. Brand, M. Fuchs, and M. Arcan, “A Myosignal-Based Powered Exoskeleton System,” IEEE Trans. on System Man and Cybernetics, Part A, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 210-222, 2001.
-  J.C. Perry and J. Rosen, “Upper-Limb Powered Exoskeleton Design,” IEEE Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 408-417, 2007.
-  D. Sasaki, T. Noritsugu, and M. Takaiwa, “Development of Active Support Splint Driven by Pneumatic Soft Actuator (ASSIST),” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 497-503, 2004.
-  K. Nagai and I. Nakanishi, “Force Analysis of Exoskeletal Robotic Orthoses for Judgment on Mechanical Safety and Possibility of Assistance,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 473-481, 2004.
-  H. Kobayashi, T. Shiiba, and Y. Ishida, “Realization of All 7 Motions for the Upper Limb by a Muscle Suit,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 504-512, 2004.
-  L. Lucas, M. DiCicco, and Y. Matsuoka, “An EMG-Controlled Hand Exoskeleton for Natural Pinching,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 482-488, 2004.
-  T. Nef, M. Mihelj, G. Colombo, and R. Riener, “ARMin - Robot for rehabilitation of the Upper Extremities,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 3152-3157, 2006.
-  N.G. Tsagarkis and D.G. Caldwell, “Development and Control of a ‘Soft-Actuated’ Exoskeleton for Use in Physiotherapy and Training,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 21-33, 2003.
-  K. Kiguchi, Y. Imada, and M. Liyanage, “EMG-Based Neuro-Fuzzy Control of a 4DOF Upper-Limb Power-Assist Exoskeleton,” Proc. of 29th Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3040-3043, 2007.
-  K. Kiguchi and M. Liyanage, “A Study of a 4DOF Upper-Limb Power Assist Intelligent Exoskeleton with Visual Information for Perception-Assist,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3666-3671, 2008.
-  T. Flash and N. Hogan, “The Coordination of Arm Movements: An Experimental Confirmed Mathematical Model,” J. of Neuroscience, Vol.5, pp. 1688-1703, 1985.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.