Control of A New Type of Undulatory Wheeled Locomotor: A Trident Steering Walker Based on Chained Form
Department of Integrated Information Technology
College of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University
5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa 229-8558, Japan
-  S. Hirose, “Biologically Inspired Robots (Snake-like Locomotor and Manipulator),” Oxford University Press, 1993.
-  J.P. Ostrowski and J.W. Burdick, “The Geometric Mechanics of Undulatory Robotic Locomotion,” Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.17, No.7, pp. 683-701, 1998.
-  S. Hirose and H. Takeuchi, “Study on Roller-Walk (Basic Characteristics and Its Control),” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3265-3270, 1996.
-  P.S. Krishnaprasad and D.P. Tsakiris, “Oscillations, SE(2)-Snakes and Motion Control: A Study of the Roller Racer,” Dynamical Systems, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 347-397, 2001.
-  S. Chitta, F.W. Heger, and V. Kumar, “Design and Gait Control of a Rollerblading Robot,” Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3944-3949, 2004.
-  S. Chitta, P. Cheng, E. Frazzoli, and V. Kumar, “RoboTrikke: A Novel Undulatory Locomotion System,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1597-1602, 2005.
-  C. Samson, “Control of Chained Systems: Application to Path Following and Time-Varying Point-Stabilization of Mobile Robots,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 64-77, 1995.
-  D.M. Tilbury, O.J. Sordalen, L.G. Bushnell, and S.S. Sastry, “A Multisteering Trailer System: Conversion into Chained Form using Dynamic Feedback,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.11, No.6, pp. 807-818, 1995.
-  D.M. Tilbury and S.S. Sastry, “The Multi-Steering N-Trailer System: A Case Study of Goursat Normal Forms and Prolongations,” Int. Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 343-364, 1995.
-  H. Yamaguchi and T. Arai, “A Path Following Feedback Control Method for A Cooperative Transportation System with Two Car-Like Mobile Robots,” Transactions on Society of Instruments and Control Engineers (SICE in Japanese), Vol.39, No.6, pp. 575-584, 2003.
-  A. Isidori, “Nonlinear Control Systems,” Second Edition, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1989.
-  A. Ghasempoor and N. Sepehri, “A Measure of Machine Stability for Moving Base Manipulators,” Proc. of the 1995 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2249-2254, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.