Robot Technology Ontology Targeting Robot Technology Services in Kukanchi — “Interactive Human-Space Design and Intelligence”
Ken Ukai, Yoshinobu Ando, and Makoto Mizukawa
College of Engineering, Shibaura Institute of Technology
3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan
In a society in which people and robots cooperate together in the same environment, robot technology (RT) services will be required to consider user intent and situation. This paper focuses on RT ontology providing RT services appropriate to the situation in Kukanchi — “interactive human-space design and intelligence.” A user’s direct requests are defined as a “main task” and incidental tasks required to achieve the main task as “tsuide tasks.” This paper proposes and introduces RT ontology and details validation experiments for certain “tsuide tasks.”
-  Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, “Innovation 25,”
-  METI, Technological strategy map of the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, 2008,
-  T.-S. Jin, K. Morioka, and H. Hashimoto, “Distributed Sensor Network for Multi-Agent Motion Tracking in Intelligent Space,” SICE-ICASE Int. Joint Conf., Oct.18-21, pp. 3716-3721, 2006.
-  Y. Fukusato, E. Shimokawara, J. Nakazato, and T. Yamaguchi, “Service offer system in “Kukanchi: Interactive Human-Space Design and Intelligence” using multi phase environmental information,” SICE Annual Conf., pp. 3529-3533, 2008.
-  M. Niitsuma, T. Sasaki, and H. Hashimoto, “Enhancement of Spatial Memory Using Human-Object Relations,” SICE Annual Conf., pp. 3509-3513, 2008.
-  E. Sato, T. Yamaguchi, and F. Harashima, “Natural Interface Using Pointing Behavior for Human-Robot Gestural Interaction,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.2, pp.1105-1112, April 2007.
-  M. Mizukawa and T. Yamaguchi, “Research on Functional Design of Ambient Intelligence,” 7th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. 2006, Japan, pp. 534-537, 2006.
-  H. Minamino, M. Mizukawa, and Y. Ando, “Research on the “Task Localization” for Distributed Intelligence,” Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 2334-2338, 2007.
-  T. Mori, R. Urushibata, M. Shimosaka, H. Noguchi, and T. Sato, “Anomaly Detection Algorithm Based on Life Pattern Extraction from Accumulated Pyroelectric Sensor Data,” In Proc. of the 2008 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2545-2552, 2008.
-  S. S. Hidayat, B. K. Kim, and K. Ohba, “Learning Affordance for Semantic Robots Using Ontology Approach,” In Proc. of the 2008 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2630-2636, 2008.
-  Y. Fukusato, J. Nakazato, E. Shimokawara, T. Yamaguchi, and M. Mizukawa, “A Service System Adapted to Changing Environments using Kukanchi,” Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.44, No.12, 1/8, 2008.
-  K. Ukai, M. Mizukawa, and Y. Ando, “Study of Composition of User's Intention Understanding System According to Situation for RT Service Achievement -Aiming at the construction of RT(Robot Technology) Ontology-,” The Robotics and Mechatronics Conf., Japan, 2P1-H01, 2008.
-  K. Ukai, M. Mizukawa, T. Yamaguchi, and Y. Fukusato, “RT Ontology for Kukanchi service robot,” 9th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., Japan, pp. 53-56, 2008.
-  K. Ukai, M. Mizukawa, and Y. Ando, “RT User-Service Generation System Design Investigation on the construction of RT Ontology in Tsuide Task,” 9th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., Japan, pp. 57-58, 2008.
-  M. Niitsuma and H. Hashimoto, “Describing Human Activities Considering Object Information for Intelligent Environments,” 9th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. 2008, Japan, pp. 91-92, 2008.
-  A. Tokumasu, T. Suzuki, S. Murakami, and Y. Nakauchi, “Cooking Procedure Recognition and Support by Intelligent Environments with Machine Learning,” 26th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, AC2N2-05, 2008.
-  OWL: http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/
-  Protégé: http://protege.stanford.edu/
-  S. Takeda, T. Tsukikawa et al., “Enhancement of Versatility of Agent Robot Operation Environment in the Physical Agent System -Proposal of Data Server Framework-,” Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems, A1314, 2006.
-  Y. Tsukumori, Y. Ando, and M. Mizukawa, “Development of Interface that Cooperates with Intelligent Space to Operate Daily Support Robot Easily,” 9th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf. 2008, pp. 557-558, 2008.
-  T. Kato, Y. Ando, and M. Mizukawa, “Proposal on Construction for Generation of Robot Cooperation Environment,” 9th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., pp. 69-70, 2008.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.