Autonomous Motion Generation Based on Reliable Predictability
Shun Nishide*, Tetsuya Ogata*, Jun Tani**, Kazunori Komatani*, and Hiroshi G. Okuno*
*Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
Engineering Building #10, Yoshida-honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
**Brain Science Institute, RIKEN
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako City, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
-  M. Brady, “Artificial Intelligence and Robotics,” Artificial Intelligence, Vol.26, pp. 79-121, 1985.
-  R. Bajcsy, “Active Perception,” IEEE Proc., Special issue on Computer Vision, Vol.76, No.8, pp. 996-1005, 1988.
-  J. J. Gibson, “The Ecological Approach to Visual Perception,” Houghton Mifflin, ISBN: 0898599598, 1979.
-  T. Ogata, H. Ohba, J. Tani, K. Komatani, and H. G. Okuno, “Extracting Multi-Modal Dynamics of Objects using RNNPB,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Special Issue on Human Modeling in Robotics, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 681-688, 2005.
-  S. Takamuku, Y. Takahashi, and M. Asada, “Lexicon acquisition based on object-oriented behavior learning,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.20, No.10, pp. 1127-1145, 2006.
-  P. Fitzpatrick, G. Metta, L. Natale, S. Rao, and G. Sandini, “Learning About Objects Through Action — Initial Steps Towards Artificial Cognition,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3140-3145, 2003.
-  A. Stoytchev, “Learning the Affordances of Tools Using a Behavior-Grounded Approach,” Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 140-158, 2008.
-  S. Nishide, T. Ogata, J. Tani, K. Komatani, and H. G. Okuno, “Predicting Object Dynamics from Visual Images through Active Sensing Experiences,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.22, No.5, pp. 527-546, 2008.
-  J. Hawkins and S. Blakeslee, “On Intelligence,” Times Books, ISBN: 0805078533, 2004.
-  J. Tani and M. Ito, “Self-Organization of Behavioral Primitives as Multiple Attractor Dynamics,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 481-488, 2003.
-  M. Jordan, “Attractor dynamics and parallelism in a connectionist sequential machine,” Eighth Annual Conf. of the Cognitive Science Society, pp. 513-546, 1986.
-  D. E. Rumelhart, G. E. Hinton, and R. J. Williams, “Learning Internal Representations by Error Propagation,” in D. Rumelhart and F. McClelland (Ed.), “Parallel Distributed Processing,” M.I.T. Press, Vol.1, pp. 318-362, 1986.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.