Development of an Automated Microscope for Supporting Qualitative Asbestos Analysis by Dispersion Staining
Kuniaki Kawabata*1, Soichiro Morishita*2, Hiroshi Takemura*3, Kazuhiro Hotta*4, Taketoshi Mishima*5, Hajime Asama*2,
Hiroshi Mizoguchi*3, and Haruhisa Takahashi*4
*1Kawabata Intelligent System Research Unit, RIKEN, Hirosawa 2-1, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
*2RACE, The University of Tokyo
*3Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science
*4Department of Information and Communication Engineering, The University of Electro-Communications
*5Department of Information and Computer Science, Saitama University
-  M. Moss and P. Nolanm, “Geological Society of America,” Special Edition, Y. Diek and S. Newcomb (Eds.), 447, 2003.
-  R. L. Vitra, “United States Geological Survey,” Open File Report, 2, 2002.
-  S. Furuo, F. Nagakura, Y. Natori, and S. Nakachi, “Japanese Situation on Asbestos Issues and BANJAN's Activities,” Asbestos Taisakujouhou, No.29-3, pp. 42-63, 2001.
-  A. Kuroda, T. Nishimura, T. Ishida, R, Hirota, and K. Nomura, “Detection of chrysotile asbestos by using a chrysotile-binding protein,” Biotechnol Bioeng.,99(2), pp. 285-289, Feb. 1, 2008.
-  Y. Uno, “Optical Identification of Asbestos by Dispersion Staining Method,” Journal of the Clay Science Society of Japan, Vol.32, No.1, pp. 42-52, 1992.
-  B. A. Lane and J. C. Haartz, “Determination of Microgram Quantities of Asbestos by X-Ray Diffraction: Chrysotile in Thin Dust Layers of Matrix Material,” Anal Chem, 51:520, 1979.
-  JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) A 1481: 2006(J) Determination of asbestos in building material products, 2006.
-  P. A. Baron and S. A. Shulman, “Evaluation of the Magiscan image analyzer for asbestos fiber counting,” Am Ind Hyg Assoc J, 48(1), pp. 39-46, 1987.
-  L. C. Kenny, “Asbestos fibre counting by image analysis - the performance of the Manchester asbestos program on Magiscan,” Anm Occup Hyg, 28(4), pp. 401-415, 1984.
-  Y. Inoue, A. Kaga, and K. Yamaguchi, “Development of an automatic system for counting asbestos fibers using image processing,” Particul Sci Technol, 16(4), pp. 263-279, 1998.
-  Y. Inoue, A. Kaga, and K. Yamaguchi, “Cross-check between automatic counting system and visual counting facilities of asbestos fibers,” J Aerosol Res Jpn, 14(2), pp. 129-137, 1999.
-  Y. Inoue, N. Yamamoto, and Y. Yanagisawa, “Development of an image processing method to automatically count asbestos fibers by using an edge recognition algorithm,” Environmental Information Science/Extra, No.21, pp. 467-470, 2007.
-  H. Kumagai, S. Morishita, K. Kawabata, H. Asama, and T. Mishima, “Accuracy Improvement of Counting Asbestos in Particles using a Noise Redacted Background Subtraction,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems, pp. 74-79, 2008.
-  T. Watanabe, S. Morishita, K. Kawabata, H. Asama, and T. Mishima, “An Analysis of the Higher Order Local Auto-correlation Features for Counting Asbestos in Particles,” Proc. of 8th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., pp. 431-432.
-  K. Ishizu, H. Takemura, K. Kawabata, H. Asama, T. Mishima, and H. Mizoguchi, “Image Processing of Particle Detection for Asbestos Qualitative Analysis Support Method - Particle Counting System Based on Classification of Background Area -,”Proc. of Int. Conf. on Control Automation Robotics and Vision, pp. 868-873, 2008
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.