Performance Evaluation of Rotor Flux-Oriented Control on FPGA for Advanced AC Drives
Stéphane Simard*, Rachid Beguenane*,
and Jean-Gabriel Mailloux*
Department of Applied Sciences, University of Quebec at Chicoutimi, 555, boul. de l'université, Chicoutimi, Quebec, G7H 2B1, Canada
-  C. Ilas, A. R. Giuclea, and L. Kreindler, “Using TMS320 Family DSPs in Motion Control Systems,” Texas Instruments Application Report SPRA327, Sep. 1996.
-  Andrzej M. Trzynadlowski, “DSP Controllers – An Emerging Tool for Electric Motor Drives,” IEEE Electronics Society Newsletter, Vol.45, No.3, 1998.
-  Y. Y. Tzou, H.-J. Hsu, “FPGA realization of space-vector PWM control IC for three-phase PWM inverters,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.12, pp. 953-963, Nov. 1997.
-  J.-Y. Jyang and Y.-Y. Tzou, “A CPLD-Based Voltage/Current Vector Controller for 3-Phase PWM Inverters,” IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conf. Record, pp. 262-268, May 1998.
-  M.-F. Tsai and H.-C. Chen, “Design and Implementation of a CPLD-based SVPWM ASIC for Variable-speed Control of AC Motor Drives,” Proc. IEEE Power Electronics and Drive Systems Conf., pp. 322-328, Oct. 2001.
-  F. Blaschke, “The principle of field orientation as applied to the new transvector closed loop control for rotating machines,” Siemens Review, Vol.30, No.5, pp. 217-220, 1972.
-  J. A. Santisteban and R. M. Stephan, “Vector Control Methods for Induction Machines: An Overview,” IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol.44, No.2, pp. 170-175, May 2001.
-  D. Casadei, F. Profumo, G. Serra, and A. Tani, “FOC and DTC: Two Viable Schemes for Induction Motor Torque Control,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.17, No.5, 2002, pp. 779-787.
-  T. M. Wolbank, A. Moucka, and J. L. Machl, “A comparative study of field-oriented and direct-torque control of induction motors reference to shaft-sensorless control at low and zero-speed,” Proc. 2002 IEEE Int. Symposium on Intelligent Control, Oct. 2002.
-  M. N. Cirstea, A. Aounis, and M. McCormick, “Rapid Prototyping of Induction Motor Vector Control System Based on Reusable VHDL Digital Architectures and FPGA Implementation,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Power Conversion & Intelligent Motion, pp. 199-202, May 2002.
-  J. Vásárhelyi, M. Imecs, C. Szab'o, and I. I. Incze, “FPGA Implementation Vector Control of Tandem Converter Fed Induction Machine,” Proc. 6th Int. Symposium of Hungarian Researchers on Computational Intelligence, Nov. 2005.
-  R. Beguenane, J.-G. Mailloux, S. Simard, and A. Tisserand, “Towards the System-on-Chip Realization of a Sensorless Vector Controller with Microsecond-order Computation Time,” Proc. IEEE Canadian Conf. on Electrical and Computer Engineering, pp. 908-912, May 2006.
-  J. G. Mailloux, S. Simard, and R. Beguenane, “Rapid Testing of XSG-based Induction Motor Vector Controller Using Free-running Hardware Co-simulation and SimPowerSystems,” Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Computing, Communications and Control Technologies, Orlando (FL), USA, July 2007.
-  F. de Dinechin, C. Lauter, and G. Melquiond, “Assisted verification of elementary functions using Gappa,” Proc. ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 1318-1322, 2006.
-  S. Simard, J.-G. Mailloux, and R. Beguenane, “Optimal FPGA implementation of unsigned bit-serial division,” Int. Review on Computers and Software, Vol.2, No.5, pp. 561-564, Sept. 2007.
-  S. Simard, J.-G. Mailloux, and R. Beguenane, “Optimized FPGA Mapping of a Bit-serial Square Root Operator with Minimum Output Delay,” Int. Review on Computers and Software, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 661-665, Nov. 2007.
-  T. Sukegawa, K. Kamiyama, and K. Minzuno, “Fully Digital, Vector-Controlled PWM VSI-Fed AC Drives with an Inverter Dead-Time Compensation Strategy,” IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 552-559, 1991.
-  Bilam K. Bose, “Neural Network Applications in Power Electronics and Motor Drives'n Introduction and Perspective,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.1, pp. 14-32, Feb. 2007.
-  M. Barut, S. Bogosyan, and M. Gokasan, “Speed-Sensorless Estimation for Induction Motors Using Extended Kalman Filters,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.1, pp. 272-280, Feb. 2007.
-  F.-J. Lin, C.-K. Chang, and P.-K. Huang, “FPGA-Based Adaptive Backstepping Sliding-Mode Control for Linear Induction Motor Drive,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 1222-2231, Jul. 2007.
-  Y.-S. Kung and M.-H. Tsai, “FPGA-Based Speed Control IC for PMSM Drive With Adaptive Fuzzy Control,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 2476-2486, Nov. 2007.
-  F.-J. Lin and P.-H. Shen, “Robust Fuzzy Neural Network Sliding-Mode Control for Two-Axis Motion Control System,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.53, No.4, pp. 1209-1225, Aug. 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.