Development of MRI Compatible Manipulandum for Hand and Arm Movement
Toshiyuki Aodai and Shigeki Toyama
Division of Mechanical System Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
-  R. Osu, S. Hirai, T. Yoshida, and M. Kawato, “Random presentation enables subjects to adapt to two opposing forces on the hand,” Nature Neuroscience, 7, pp. 111-112, 2004.
-  R. Shadmehr and H. H. Holcomb, “Neural correlates of motor memory consolidation,” Science, 277, pp. 821-825, 1997.
-  H. Nagaoka, N. Imamura, H. Gomi, and M. Kawato, “Development of Measurement System for Human Arm Movement,” 9th SICE Symposium on Biological and Physiological Engineering, pp. 307-310.
-  S. A. Huettel, A. W. Song, and G. McCarthy, “Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging,” Sinauer Associates, pp. 10, 2004.
-  R. Moser, R. Gassert, E. Burdet, L. Sache, H. Woodtli, J. Ermi, W. Maeder, and H. Bleuler, “An MR compatible robot technology,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 670-675, 2003.
-  G. Ganesh, R. Gassert, E. Burdet, and H. Bleuler, “Dynamics and control of an MRI compatible master-slave system with hydrostatic transmission,” Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 1288-1294, 2004.
-  S. Higuchi, H. Imamizu, and M. Kawato, “Cerebellar activity evoked by common tool-use execution and imagery tasks – an fMRI study,” Cortex, 3, pp. 350-358, 2007.
-  M. Kawato, T. Kuroda, H. Imamizu, E. Nakano, S. Miyauchi, and T. Yoshioka, “Internal forward models in the cerebellum – fMRI study on grip force and load force coupling,” Progress in Brain Research, 142, pp. 171-188, 2003.
-  M. Kawato, “Computational theory of Brain,” Sangyotosyo, 1996.
-  H. Imamizu, T. Kuroda, S. Miyauchi, T. Yoshida, and M. Kawato, “Modular organization of internal models of tools in the human cerebellum,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, Vol.100, No.9, pp. 5461-5466, 2003.
-  N. Tomi, M. Gouko, and K. Ito, “Decomposition of Internal Models in Arm Movements under Mixed Dynamic Environments,” SICE Symposium on Systems and Information 2007, pp. 55-58.
-  J. Castaing and J. J. Santini (Translated by H. Ihara, A. Nakayama, and K. Ihara), “Graphic explanation – Functional anatomy of Joint and Locomotory system, Upper limb and Myelon,” Kyodo Isho Shuppan Co., Ltd., 2004.
-  J. R. Napier, “The prehensile movements of the human hand,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 38, pp. 902-913, 1956.
-  M. Kouchi, M. Mochimaru, H. Iwasawa, and S. Mitani, “Anthropometric database for Japanese Population 1997-98,” Japanese Industrial Standards Center (AIST, MITI), 2000.
-  K. Chinzei, “Open MRI and Robotics,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 37-40, 2000.
-  T. Kenjo and T. Sashida, “Ultrasonic motor primer,” 2nd edition, Sogo Denshi Syuppan Sya Ltd., 1993.
-  K. Masamune, “Minimally Invasive Surgery System in the MRI Environment,” Journal of Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.110, No.1058, pp. 15-18, 2007.
-  T. Aodai and S. Toyama, “Development of MRI Compatible Manipulandum Using Ultrasonic motor for Hand motion,” Journal of the Society of Life Support Technology, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 27-34, 2007.
-  H. Gomi, Y. Koike, and M. Kawato, “Measurement of the Stiffness During Multi-joint Arm Movement,” Technical Report of IEICE, NC91-145, pp. 99-106, 1992.
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Foundations of Robot Control,” Corona Publishing Co., Ltd., 1998.
-  K. Masamune, E. Kobayashi, Y. Masutani, M. Suzuki, T. Dohi, H. Iseki, and K. Takakura, “Development of an MRI-compatible needle insertion manipulator for stereotactic neurosurgery,” Journal of Image Guided Surgery, 1(4), pp. 242-248, 1995.
-  T. Suzuki, H. Liao, E. Kobayashi, and I. Sakuma, “A Novel Magnetic Resonance Imaging-compatible Motor Control Method for Image-guided Robotic Surgery,” Transactions of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Vol.44, No.4, pp. 728-734, 2006.
-  F. Giraud, B. Semail, and J. T. Audren, “Analysis and phase Control of a Piezoelectric Traveling-Wave Ultrasonic motor for Haptic Stick Application,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, pp. 1541-1549, 2004.
-  A. Ogura, A. Miyai, F. Maeda, H. Fukutake, and R. Kikumoto, “Accuracy of Signal-to-noise Ratio Measurements Method for Magnetic Resonance Images,” Japanese Journal of Radiological Technology, Vol.59, No.4, pp. 508-513, 2003.
-  I. Sato, T. Ohno, H. Yanabe, T. Sadahiro, and K. Masamune, “Research on the MRI compatibility evaluation of the apparatus for surgery support by an MRI image and electromagnetic wave measurement,” The 45th Annual Conf. of Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, p. 614, 2006.
-  D. W. McRobbie, E. A. Moore, M. J. Graves, and M. R. Prince, “MRI From Picture to Proton,” Ohmsha, Ltd., 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.