Development of Soft Manipulator with Variable Rheological Joints and Pneumatic Sensor for Collision with Environment
Taro Nakamura, Yuki Akamatsu, and Yuta Kusaka
Chuo University, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Department of Precision Mechanics, 1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
-  Z. Li and A. Ming, “Mobile Manipulator Collision Control with Hybrid Joints in Human-Robot Symbiotic Environments,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp.154-161, 2004.
-  I. D. Walker, “The use of kinematic redundancy in reducing impact and contact effects in manipulation,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 433-449, 1990.
-  K. Kitagaki and M. Uchiyama, “Optimal approach velocity of end effector to the environment,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1928-1934, 1992.
-  R. Volpe and P. Khosla, “Experimental verification of a strategy for impact control,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1854-1860, 1991.
-  K. Youcef-Toumi and D. A. Gutz, “Impact and force control,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 410-416, 1989.
-  J. K. Mills, “Manipulator transition to and from contact task (A discontinuous control approach),” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 440-446, 1990.
-  T. Nakamura and N. Saga, “Development of a Soft Manipulator Using a Smart Flexible Joint for Safe Contact with Humans,” J. of The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.40, No.10, pp. 1060-1066, 2004. (in Japanese).
-  T. Takahashi et al., “A Control Method to Reduce the Oscillation of a Robot Manipulator with Elastic Joints and Non-backdrivable Gear Trains,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 142-149, 2000. (in Japanese).
-  S. Norihiko and T. Nakamura, “Development and Fundamental Characteristic of One-Shaft Type ER clutch,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 534-539, 2001.
-  Y. Eguchi and T. Nakamura, “Development of a Pneumatic Cushion with an Impact Sensor,” Proc. of 4th IFAC-Symposium on Mechatronic Systems, pp. 1002-1005, 2006.
-  W. M. Winslow, J. Applied Physics, Vol.20, pp. 1137-1140, 1949.
-  Y. Yamada, K. Suita, and K. Imai, “Human-robot contact in the safeguarding space,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 230-236, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.