Soft Areal Tactile Sensor Using Tomography Algorithm
Yo Kato*, Tomonori Hayakawa**, and Toshiharu Mukai*
*Bio-mimetic Control Research Center, RIKEN, 2271-130 Anagahora, Shimoshidami, Moriyama-ku, Nagoya 463-0003, Japan
**Tokai Rubber Industries Ltd.
-  R. Tajima, S. Kagami, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Development of soft and distributed tactile sensors and the application to a humanoid robot,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 381-397, 2002.
-  T. Kanda, H. Ishiguro, T. Ono, M. Imai, and R. Nakatsu, “Development and evaluation of an Interactive Humanoid Robot “Robovie”,” ICRA2002, pp. 4166-4173, 2002.
-  H. Shinoda and H. Oasa, “Wireless Tactile Sensing Element Using Stress-Sensitive Resonator,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 258-265, 2000.
-  Y. Ohmura, Y. Kuniyoshi, and A. Nagakubo, “Conformable and Scalable Tactile Sensor Skin for Curved Surfaces,” Proc. ICRA2006, 2006.
-  S. D. Holder, “Electrical Impedance Tomography:Methods,History and Application,” Inst. Of Physics Pub. Inc., 2005.
-  A. Nagakubo and Y. Kuniyoshi, “A Tactile Sensor based on Inverse Problem Theory: The Principle,” The 24th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, 1C31, 2006.
-  H. Alirezaei, A. Nagakubo, and Y. Kuniyoshi, “A Tactile Sensor based on Inverse Problem Theory: Basic Experiments,” The 24th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, 1C32, 2006.
-  C. J. Kotre, “A sensitivity coefficient method for the reconstruction of electrical impedance tomograms,” Clinical physics and physiological measurement, Vol.10, pp. 275-281, 1989.
-  C. L. Lawson and R. J. Hanson, “Solving Least-Squares Problems,” Prentice-Hall, Chapter 23, 1974.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.