Hierarchical Implicit Feedback Structure in Passive Dynamic Walking
Yasuhiro Sugimoto and Koichi Osuka
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan, 1-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
Using a linearized analytical Poincaré map, we analyzed the stability of Passive Dynamic Walking (PDW), focusing on bifurcation phenomenon in PDW. Although it is well-known, bifurcation of the walking period has not been well studied. Based on our previous research, we derive an analytical Poincaré map for 2-period walking to discuss PDW stability of PDW with this map. In addition, we point out that there is a similar interesting structure in this Poincaré map.
-  M. Asada, K. MacDorman, H. Ishiguro, and Y. Kuniyoshi, “Cognitive developmental robotics as a new paradigm for the design of humanoid robots,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.37, Nos.2-3, pp. 185-193, 2001.
-  A. Billard, Y. Epars, S. Calinon, S. Schaal, and G. Cheng, “Discovering optimal imitation strategies,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.47, Nos.2-3, pp. 69-77, 2004.
-  B. Chiu, E. Keogh, and S. Lonardi, “Probabilistic discovery of time series motifs,” Proc. of the ninth ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge discovery and data mining, pp. 493-498, 2003.
-  K. Church, “Empirical estimates of adaptation: the chance of two noriegas is closer to p/2 than p 2,” Proc. of the 17th Conf. on Computational linguistics, Vol.1, pp. 180-186, 2000.
-  P. Dunham and F. Dunham, “Effects of mother-infant social interactions on infants’ subsequent contingency task performance,” Child Development, Vol.61, No.3, pp. 785-793, 1990.
-  T. Inamura, I. Toshima, H. Tanie, and Y. Nakamura, “Embodied symbol emergence based on mimesis theory,” Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.23, No.4, pp. 363-377, 2004.
-  M. Ito, K. Noda, Y. Hoshino, and J. Tani, “Dynamic and interactive generation of object handling behaviors by a small humanoid robot using a dynamic neural network model,” Neural Networks, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 323-337, 2006.
-  J. Lin, E. Keogh, S. Lonardi, and P. Patel, “Finding Motifs in Time Series,” Proc. of the 2nd Workshop on Temporal Data Mining, pp. 53-68, 2002.
-  C. Moore, “Joint Attention: Its Origins and Role in Development,” Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc Inc., March, 1995.
-  K. Murphy, “Switching Kalman filters,” Dept. of Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep., 1998.
-  C. Nehaniv and K. Dautenhahn, “The correspondence problem,” Imitation in Animals and Artifacts, pp. 41-61, 2002.
-  M. Okada, K. Tatani, and Y. Nakamura, “Polynomial design of the nonlinear dynamics for the brain-like information processing of whole body motion,” Robotics and Automation, 2002, Proc., ICRA’02, IEEE Int. Conf. on, Vol.2, 2002.
-  K. Sugiura and N. Iwahashi, “Learning Object-Manipulation Verbs for Human-Robot Communication,” Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces in Semantic Interaction, Int. Conf. on Multimodal Interfaces, 2007.
-  Y. Tanaka, K. Iwamoto, and K. Uehara, “Discovery of Time-Series Motif from Multi-Dimensional Data Based on MDL Principle,” Machine Learning, Vol.58, No.2, pp. 269-300, 2005.
-  T. Taniguchi and T. Sawaragi, “Incremental acquisition of behaviors and signs based on a reinforcement learning schemata model and a spike timing-dependent plasticity network,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.21, No.10, pp. 1177-1199, 2007.
-  M. Tomasello, “The Cultural Origins of Human Cognition,” Harvard Univ Pr, reprint edition, March, 2001.
-  K. Umemura, “Related Word-pairs Extraction without Dictionaries,” Technical report, IPA Exploratory Software Project development result report, 2000 (in Japanese)
-  J. Watson, “Contingency perception in early social development,” Social perception in infants, pp. 157-176, 1985.
-  R. Yokoya, T. Ogata, J. Tani, K. Komatani, and H. Okuno, “Experience Based Imitation Using RNNPB,” Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on, pp. 3669-3674, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.