Compliance Analysis of Construction Machinery Front by Direct Stiffness Method
Hiroaki Muramoto*, Kunitsugu Tomita**, and Toshio Morita**
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Khoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
**Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., 650 Kandatsu-machi, Tsuchiura, Ibaraki 300-0013, Japan
In designing passive compliance, however, it is essential to conduct prior verification by analysis. In this study we proposed a method for calculating a compliance ellipsoid of a hydraulic excavator front end by the direct stiffness method. In addition, we conducted validation of the stiffness equation for calculating a compliance ellipsoid, using a model boom. We also demonstrated that a compliance ellipsoid could be derived regardless of varying front structures. Furthermore, we derived stiffness parameters that produce reaction forces not exceeding target values from the working plane in contour following by an unskilled worker, and confirmed validity of the stiffness parameters in experiments.
-  A. Ishii, “Operating System of a Double-Front Work Machine for Simultaneous Operation,” ISARC, pp. 539-542, 2006.
-  S. Yokota, E. Nakano, and K. Kayaba, “A Passive Compliance Control For A Hydraulic Actuator System,” The 73rd JSME Fall Annual Meeting, Vol.5, pp. 285-286, 1995.
-  N. Ohtsukasa, K. Okamura, K. Yanagi, and H. Yoshinada, “Development of Force Control Hydraulic Excavator for Surface Following Tasks,” JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1BV1-5, 1998.
-  C. Wu and A. Kitagawa, “A Study on Hydraulic Cylinder with Built-in Compound Control Function of Displacement and Thrust (3rd Report: Compliance Control Function of DiThCo Cylinder and its Applications),” Journal of the Japan Fluid Power System Society, Vol.36, No.5, pp. 135-142, 2005.
-  K. Ahn, S. Yokota, T. Ozeki, and T. Yamamoto, “Compliance Control of a 6-Link Electro-Hydraulic Manipulator,” Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.64, No.624, pp. 3019-3025, 1998.
-  N. Fukusima, N. Irie, Y. Yohsuke, M. Satoh, and T. Takahashi, “Vehicle Vibration Control by Hydraulic Active Suspention,” Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.57, No.535, pp. 722-726, 1991.
-  Y. Xu and R. P. Paul, “A robot compliant wrist system for automated assembly,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1750-1755, 1990.
-  J.-S. Song, M. Onosato, S. Hirai, and K. Iwata, “Design of Passive Compliance for Assembly Operations,” Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.64, No.620, pp. 348-355, 1998.
-  C. A. Felippa, “A historical outline of matrix structural analysis: a play in three acts,” Computers and Structures, Vol.79, No.14, pp. 1313-1324, 2001.
-  C. Delprete, M. M. Gola, “Mechanical performance of external fixators with wires for the treatment of bone fractures. Part I: Loaddisplacement behavior,” Trans. ASME. Journal of biomechanical engineering, Vol.115, No.1, pp. 29-36, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.