An Amoeboid Locomotion That Exploits Real-Time Tunable Springs and Law of Conservation of Protoplasmic Mass
Takuya Umedachi, Taichi Kitamura, and Akio Ishiguro
Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering, Tohoku University, 6-6-05 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  R. Pfeifer and C. Scheier, “Understanding Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  H. Asama et al., “System Principle on Emergence of Mobiligence and Its Engineering Realization,” in Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/RSJ IROS, 2003, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 1715-1720.
-  R. Pfeifer and F. Iida, “Morphological Computation: Connecting Body, Brain and Environment,” Japanese Scientific Monthly, 58-2, pp. 48-54, 2005.
-  S. A.Wainwright, “Axis and Circumference: The Cylindrical Shape of Plants and Animals,” Harvard Univ. Press, 1988.
-  R. Kobayashi, A. Tero, and T. Nagasaki, “Mathematical Model for Rhythmic Protoplasmic Movement in the True Slime Mold,” Mathematical Biology, Vol.53, pp. 273-286, 2006.
-  J. Oda, A. Wang, and N. Matsumoto, “Trial Formation of Variable-Stiffness Spring and Its Application to Displacement Control Problems,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, C, Vol.59, pp. 2526-2531, 1993 (in Japanese).
-  A. Takamatsu, R. Tanaka, H. Yamada, T. Nakagaki, T. Fujii, and I. Endo, “Spatio-temporal symmetry in rings of coupled biological oscillators of Physarum plasmodium,” Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.87, 078102, 2001.
-  A. Ishiguro and T. Kawakatsu, “How Should Control and Body Systems be Coupled? —A Robotic Case Study—,” in F. Iida, R. Pfeifer, L. Steels, and Y. Kuniyoshi (Eds.), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, pp. 107-118, 2004.
-  Y. Kuramoto, “Chemical Oscillations, Waves, and Turbulence (2nd ed.),” Dover, Mineola, NY, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.