Moving-Object Tracking with In-Vehicle Multi-Laser Range Sensors
Masafumi Hashimoto*, Yosuke Matsui**, and Kazuhiko Takahashi*
*Faculty of Engineering, Doshisha University, 1-3 Miyakodani, Tatara, Kyotanabe, Kyoto 610-0321, Japan
**Toyota L&F Company, Toyota Industries Corporation, 2-1-1 Toyoda, Takahama, Aichi 444-1393, Japan
-  H. Koyasu, J. Miura, and Y. Shirai, “Realtime Omnidirectional Stereo for Obstacle Detection and Tracking in Dynamic Environment,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2001), CD-ROM, 2001.
-  D. Caveney, B. Feldman, and J. K. Hedrick, “Comprehensive Framework for Multisensor Multitarget Tracking in the Adaptive Cruise Control Environment,” Proc. of 6th Int. Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control (AVEC’02), pp. 697-702, 2002.
-  E. Prassler, J. Scholz, and A. Elfes, “Tracking Multiple Moving Objects for Real-Time Robot Navigation,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.8, pp. 105-116, 2000.
-  E. Prassler, J. Scholz, and P. Fiorini, “A Robotic Wheelchair for Crowded Public Environment,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, pp. 38-45, 2001.
-  B. Kluge, C. Kohler, and E. Prassler, “Fast and Robust Tracking of Multiple Moving Objects with a Laser Range Finder,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation (ICRA 2001), pp. 1683-1688, 2001.
-  D. Schulz, W. Burgard, D. Fox, and A. B. Cremers, “People Tracking with Mobile Robot using Sample-based Joint Probabilistic Data Association Filters,” Int. Journal of Robotics Research, pp. 99-115, 2003.
-  O. Frank, J. Nieto, J. Guivant, and S. Scheding, “Multiple Target Tracking Using Sequential Monte Carlo Methods and Statistical Data Association,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation (ICRA 2003), pp. 2718-2723, 2003.
-  B. Jensen, R. Philippsen, and R. Siegwart, “Narrative Situation Assessment for Human-Robot Interaction,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2003), CD-ROM, 2003.
-  J. H. Lee, T. Tsubouchi, K. Yamamoto, and S. Egawa, “People Tracking and Trajectory Planning for a Mobile Robot,” Proc. of the 2006 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, CD-ROM, 2006.
-  S. Okusako and S. Sakane, “Human Tracking with a Mobile Robot using a Laser Range-Finder,” Journal of the Robotic Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.5, pp. 43-51, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  M. Lindstrom and J.-O. Eklundh, “Detecting and Tracking Moving Objects from a Mobile Platform Using a Laser Range Scanner,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2001), CD-ROM, 2001.
-  C. Wang, C. Thorpe, and S. Thrun, “Online simultaneous localization and mapping with detection and tracking of moving objects: theory and results from a ground vehicle in crowded urban areas,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2003), CDROM, 2003
-  C. Hue, J.-P. Le Cadre, and P. Perez, “Tracking Multiple objects with Particle Filtering,” IEEE Transaction on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol.38, No.3, pp. 791-811, 2003.
-  A. Fod, A. Howard, and M. J. Mataric, “A Laser-Based People Tracker,” Proc. of the 2002 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation (ICRA 2002), pp. 3024-3029, 2002.
-  K. Nakamura, H. Zhao, R. Shibasaki, K. Sakamoto, T. Ooga, and N. Suzukawa, “Tracking Pedestrians by using Multiple Laser Range Scanners,” Proc. of ISPRS Congress, Vol.35, Part B4, pp. 1260-1265, 2004.
-  J. H. Lee, Y. S. Kim, H. Kawata, A. Ohya, and S. Yuta, “A People Tracking and Counting Method with Multi SOKUIKI Sensors,” Proc. of the 24th Annual Conf. of the Robotic Society of Japan, CD-ROM, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Bar-Shalom and T. E. Fortmann, “Tracking and Data Association,” Academic Press, Inc., 1988.
-  K. R. Pattipati, R. L. Popp, and T. Kirubarajan, “Survey of Assignment Techniques for Multitarget Tracking,” in Y. Bar-Shalom and W. D. Blair (Eds.), “Multitarget-Multisensor Tracking: Applications and Advances,” Vol.III, Artech House, Inc., pp. 77-159, 2000.
-  H. A. P. Blom and Y. Bar-Shalom, “The Interacting Multiple Model Algorithm for Systems with Markovian Switching Coefficient,” IEEE Transaction on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol.33, No.8, pp. 780-783, 1988.
-  S. Julier and J. K. Uhlmann, “General Decentralized Data Fusion with Covariance Intersection (CI),” in D. L. Hall and J. Llinas (Eds.), Handbook of Multisensor Data Fusion, CRC Press, 2001.
-  K. Takagi, S. Ando, and M. Hashimoto, “Pedestrian Detection Using In-vehicle Multilayer LIDAR,” Proc. of 13th World Congress & Exhibition on Intelligent Transport Systems and Services, 2006.
-  M. D. Adams and A. Kerstens, “Tracking Naturally Occurring Indoor Features in 2-D and 3-D with Lidar Range/Amplitude Data,” Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.17, No.9, pp. 907-923, 1998.
-  M. Hashimoto, S. Ogata, F. Oba, and S. Okada, “Multi-Moving Target Tracking with In-Vehicle Laser Range Sensors,” Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.72, No.717(C), pp. 162-169, 2006 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.