Hardware and Numerical Experiments of Autonomous Robust Skill Generation Using Reinforcement Learning
Kei Senda, Takayuki Kondo, Yoshimitsu Iwasaki, Shinji Fujii,
Naofumi Fujiwara, and Naoki Suganuma
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
It is difficult for robots to achieve tasks contacting environment due to error between the controller models and the real environment. To solve this problem, we propose having a robot autonomously obtains proficient robust skills against model error. Numerical simulation and experiments using an autonomous space robot demonstrate the feasibility of our proposal in the real environment.
Naofumi Fujiwara, and Naoki Suganuma, “Hardware and Numerical Experiments of Autonomous Robust Skill Generation Using Reinforcement Learning,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.20, No.3, pp. 350-357, 2008.
-  K. Senda, “An Approach to Autonomous Space Robots,” Systems, Control and Information, Vol.45, No.10, pp. 593-599, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  R. S. Sutton and A. G. Barto, “Reinforcement learning: An introduction,” MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1998.
-  D. P. Bertsekas and J. N. Tsitsiklis, “Neuro-Dynamic Programming,” Athena Scientific, 1996.
-  S. Fujii, K. Senda, and S. Mano, “Acceleration of Reinforcement Learning by Estimating State Transition Probability Model,” Trans. Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.42, No.1, pp. 47-53, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Senda, Y. Murotsu, A. Mitsuya, H. Adachi, S. Ito, J. Shitakubo, and T. Matsumoto, “Hardware Experiments of A Truss Assembly by An Autonomous Space Learning Robot,” AIAA J. Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 267-273, 2002.
-  K. Senda, Y. Murotsu, A. Mitsuya, H. Adachi, S. Ito, and J. Shitakubo, “Hardware Experiments of Autonomous Space Robot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 343-350, 2000.
-  S. B. Skaar and C. F. Ruoff (Eds.), “Teleoperation and Robotics in Space,” AIAA, Washington, DC, 1995.
-  M. Asada, “Issues in Applying Robot Learning and Evolutionary Methods to Real Environments,” J. Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.38, No.10, pp. 650-653, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  F. Miyazaki and S. Arimoto, “Sensory Feedback for Robot Manipulators,” Journal of Robotic Systems, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 53-71, 1985.
-  D. E. Whitney, “Quasi-Static Assembly of Compliantly Supported Rigid Parts,” Trans. ASME J. Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.104, pp. 65-77, 1982.
-  D. Sato and M. Uchiyama, “Peg-in-Hole Task by a Robot,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.110, No.1066, pp. 678-679, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  N. Yamanobe, Y. Maeda, T. Arai, A. Watanabe, T. Kato, T. Sato, and K. Hatanaka, “Design of Force Control Parameters Considering Cycle Time,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.4, pp. 554-562, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  T. Fukuda, W. Srituravanich, T. Ueyama, and Y. Hasegawa, “A Study on Skill Acquisition based on Environment Information (Task Path Planning for Assembly Task Considering Uncertainty),” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. C, Vol.66, No.645, pp. 1597-1604, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  T. Başar and P. Bernhard, “H∞-Optimal Control and Related Minimax Design Problems,” Birkhäuser, Boston, 1995.
-  J. Morimoto and K. Doya, “Robust Reinforcement Learning,” Neural Computation, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 335-359, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.