Experimental Analysis of the Attribution of Own Actions to the Intention of Self or Others by the Multiple Forward Models
Mihoko Otake*, Kohei Arai*, Motoichiro Kato**, Takaki Maeda**, Yusuke Ikemoto*, Kuniaki Kawabata***, Toshihisa Takagi*,
and Hajime Asama*
*Research into Artifacts, Center for Engineering, the University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwa-no-ha, Kashiwa-shi 277-8568, Japan
**Department of Neuropsychiatry, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku-ku 160-0016, Japan
***Distributed Adaptive Robotics Research Unit, RIKEN, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako 351-0198, Japan
-  S. J. Blakemore, D. A. Oakley, and C. D. Frith, “Delusions of alien control in the normal brain,” Neuropsychologia, Vol.41, pp. 1058-1067, 2003.
-  E. Dapratia, N. Francka, N. Georgieffa, J. Proustc, E. Pacheriec, J. Daleryd, and M. Jeanneroda, “Looking for the agent: an investigation into consciousness of action and self-consciousness in schizophrenic patients,” Cognition, Vol.65, pp. 71-86, 1997.
-  C. Farrer, N. Franck, N. Georgieff, C. D. Frith, J. Decety, and M. Jeannerod, “Modulating the experience of agency: a positron emission tomography study,” Neuroimage, Vol.18, pp. 324-333, 2003.
-  C. Farrer and C. D. Frith, “Experiencing oneself vs another person as being the cause of an action : the neural correlates of the experience of agency,” Neuroimage, Vol.15, pp. 596-603, 2002.
-  N. Frank, C. Farrer, N. Georgieff, M. Marie-Cardine, J. Dalery, T. d. Amato, and M. Jeannerod, “Defective recognition of one’s own actions in patients with schizophrenia,” American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol.158, pp. 454-459, 2001.
-  M. Jeannerod and N. Georgieff, “Consciousness of external reality: a “who” system for consciousness of action and selfconsciousness,” Consciousness and Cognition, pp. 465-477, 1998.
-  D. M. Wolpert, K. Doya, and M. Kawato, “A unifying computational framework for motor control and social interaction,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London B, Vol.358, pp. 593-602, 2003.
-  D. M. Wolpert and M. Kawato, “Multiple paired forward and inverse models for motor control,” Neural Networks, Vol.11, pp. 1317-1329, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.