Mechanical Dynamics That Enables Stable Passive Dynamic Bipedal Running – Enhancing Self-Stability by Exploiting Nonlinearity in the Leg Elasticity –
Dai Owaki and Akio Ishiguro
Dept. of Electrical and Communication Engineering, Tohoku University, 6-6-05 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  R. Pfeifer and C. Scheier, “Understanding Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  T. McGeer, “Passive Dynamic Walking,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 62-82, 1990.
-  S. H. Collins, A. Ruina, M. Wisse, and R. Tedrake, “Efficient Bipedal Robots Based on Passive-dynamic Walkers,” Science, 307, pp. 1082-1085, 2005.
-  T. McGeer, “Passive Dynamic Running,” in Proc. of the Royal Society of London, Series B, Biological Science, Vol.240, No.1297, pp. 107-134, 1990.
-  S.-H. Hyon and T. Emura, “Energy-preserving Control of a Passive One-legged Running Robot,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 357-450, 2004.
-  A. Seyfarth, H. Geyer, M. Gunther, and R. Blickhan, “A Movement Criterion for Running,” Journal of Biomechanics, Vol.35, pp. 649-655, 2002.
-  R. Ghigliazza, R. Altendorfer, P. Holmes, and D. E. Koditschek, “A Simply Stabilized Running Model,” ASME J. on Applied Dynamical Systems, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 187-218, 2003.
-  R. J. Full and D. E. Koditschek, “Templates and Anchors: Neuromechanical Hypotheses of Legged Locomotion on Land,” The Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol.202, pp. 3325-3332, 1999.
-  R. Pfeifer and F. Iida, “Morphological Computation: Connecting Body, Brain and Environment,” Japanese Scientific Monthly, Vol.58, No.2, pp. 48-54, 2005.
-  C. Paul, “Morphological Computation,” in Proc. of the International Conference on Adaptive Behavior, pp. 33-38, 2004.
-  K. Matsushita, M. Lungarella, C. Paul, and H. Yokoi, “Locomoting with Less Computation but More Morphology,” in Proc. of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2020-2025, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.