Development of an Articulated Mechanical Hand with Enveloping Grasp Capability
Nobuaki Imamura*1, Yuya Nakamura*2, Seiichi Yamaoka*3,
Hidenori Shirasawa*4, and Hiroyuki Nakamoto*5
*1Department of Mechanics and Robotics, Faculty of Engineering, Hiroshima International University, 5-1-1 Hirokoshingai, Kure, Hiroshima 737-0112, Japan
*2Mechanical system advanced course, Kobe City College of Technology, 8-3 Gakuen-Higashimachi, Nishi-ku, Kobe 251-2194, Japan
*3Toyo Press Industry Co. Ltd., 1-9-36 Nagasu-Nishitori, Amagasaki, Hyogo 660-0807, Japan
*4The Advanced Materials Processing Institute Kinki Japan (AMPI), 7-1-8 Doi-cho, Amagasaki, Hyogo 660-0083, Japan
*5Hyogo Prefectural Institute of Technology, 3-1-12 Yukihira-cho, Suma-ku, Kobe 654-0037, Japan
-  N. Imamura, S. Nojima, S. Ota, S. Yamaoka, and H. Shirasawa, “Development of mechanical hand with an envelope grasp capability for various shapes of parts,” Proc. of the 2005 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1P2-N-085, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nakamura, N. Imamura, S. Yamaoka, H. Shirasawa, and H. Nakamoto, “Envelope grasp by the articulated mechanical hand,” Proc. of the 2005 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-B27, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Kitagawa,
-  H. Fukumoto, Y. Baba, and N. Imamura, “Development of a humanoid robot hand,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, pp. 277-278, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  T. Okada, “Object-handling system for manual industry,” IEEE Trans. Sys. Man and Cybern., Vol.SMC9-2, pp. 79-89, 1979.
-  M. T. Mason and J. K. Salisbury, “Robot hands and mechanics of manipulation,” MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, p. 165, 1985.
-  S. C. Jacobsen, E. K. Iversen, D. F. Knutti, R. T. Johnson, and K. B. Biggers, “Design of the Utah/M.I.T. Dexterous Hand,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, San Francisco, pp. 1520-1532, 1986.
-  H. Maekawa, K. Yokoi, K. Tanie, M. Kaneko, N. Kimura, and N. Imamura, “Development of a Three-Fingered Robot Hand with Stiffness Control Capability,” Mechatronics, Vol.2, No.5, pp. 483-494, 1992.
-  N. Imamura, M. Kaneko, and T. Tsuji, “Development of Three-Fingered Robot Hand with a New Design Concept,” Proc. of the IASTED Robotics and Manufacturing, Banff, pp. 44-49, 1998.
-  H. Kawasaki, H. Shimomura, and T. Mouri, “Anthropomorphic Robot Hand: Gifu Hand III,” Proc. Of Int. Conf. ICCAS2002, pp. 1288-1293, 2002.
-  A. Namiki, Y. Imai, M. Ishikawa, and M. Kaneko, “Development of a High-speed Multi-fingered Hand System and Its Application to Catching,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2666-2671, 2003.
-  I. Yamano and T. Maeno, “Development of a Five-fingered Robot Hand using Ultrasonic Motors and Elastic Elements,” J. of the Robotics Soc. Of Japan, Vol.23, No.8, pp. 977-985, 2005.
-  W. T. Townsend, “MCB-Industrial Robot Future Article: The Barret Hand grasper-programmably flexible part handling and assembly,” Industrial Robot: An International Journal, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 181-188, 2000.
-  J. Butterfass, M. Grebenstein, H. Liu, and G. Hirzinger, “DLRHNAD: Next Generation of a Dextrous Robot Hand,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 109-114, 2001.
-  Toyo Press Industry Co. Ltd., “GaeaDrive” catalogue, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  N. Imamura, Y. Nakamura, S. Yamaoka, H. Shirasawa, and H. Nakamoto, “A consideration on grasp configuration of the articulated mechanical hand,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, pp. 293-294, 2005 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.