Decision Making for a Mobile Robot Using Potential Function
Kazumi Oikawa*, Hidenori Takauji**, Takanori Emaru***,
Takeshi Tsuchiya****, and Shigenori Okubo*
*Yamagata Univ., 4-3-16 Jonan, Yonezawa, Yamagata 992-8510, Japan
**Hokkaido Univ., Kita 14 Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
***Hokkaido Univ., Kita 13 Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-8628, Japan
****Hokkaido Institute of Technology, 7-15-4-1 Maeda, Teine-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 006-8585, Japan
-  R. A. Brooks, “A Robust Layered Control System For A Mobile Robot,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, RA-2(1), pp. 14-23, 1986.
-  T. Emaru, K. Tanaka, and T. Tsuchiya, “Speed control of a sonarbased mobile robot with considering the self-localization,” In IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics & Automation, pp. 125-130, 2005.
-  J. L. Jones and A. M. Flynn, “Mobile Robots: Inspiration to Implementation,” A K Peters, Ltd, 1993.
-  M. J. Mataric, “Integration of Representation Into Goal-Driven Behavior-Based Robots,” IEEE Transaction on Robotics and Automation, 8(3), pp. 304-312, 1992.
-  Y. Nakamura and T. Yamazaki, “The Integration Theory of Reactive Behavior and Its Application to Reactive Grasp by a Multi-Fingered Hand,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, 15(3), pp. 448-459, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  K. Oikawa, H. Takauji, T. Emaru, S. Okubo, and T. Tsuchiya, “Navigation Using Local Landmarks in a Corridor Environment,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 262-268, 2005.
-  K. Oikawa, H. Takauji, T. Emaru, S. Okubo, and T. Tsuchiya, “Navigation Instructions Using Handwriting Map Interface,” in Proceedings 2006 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Oikawa, T. Tsuchiya, and S. Okubo, “Object-Oriented Design of Subsumption Architecture,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, 23(6), pp. 697-705, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  F. Otsuka, H. Fujii, and K. Yoshida, “Action Control Based on Extended PMF for an Autonomous Mobile Robot,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan (CDROM), 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Takahashi and M. Asada, “State-Action Space Construction for Multi-Layered Learning System,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, 21(2), pp. 164-171, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  J. Tani, “Model-Based Learning for Mobile Robot Navigation from the Dynamical Systems Perspective,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, 26(3), pp. 421-436, 1996.
-  M. Tomono and S. Yuta, “Indoor Navigation based on an Inaccurate Map using Object Recognition,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, 22(1), pp. 83-92, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  R. Tsuzaki and K. Yoshida, “Motion Control Based on Fuzzy Potential Method for Autonomous Mobile Robot with Omnidirectional Vision,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, 21(6), pp. 656-662, 2003 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.