Dual-LED Imaging System for Secure and Robust Fingerprint Detection
Ichiro Fujieda, Katsuki Tai, Etsuji Matsuyama,
and Masashi Kurita
Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
-  T. van der Putte and J. Keuning, “Biometrical fingerprint recognition: don’t get your finger burned,” in Proceedings of the Fourth Working Conference on Smart Card Research and Advanced Applications, Kluwer Academic, pp. 289-303, 2000.
-  K. Yamada, H. Matsumoto, and T. Matsumoto, “Can we make artificial fingers that fool fingerprint systems? (part 3),” presented at The 2001 Symposium on Cryptography and Information Security, Oiso, Japan, Jan. 23-26, 2001.
-  L. Thalheim, J. Krissler, and P.-M. Ziegler, “Body check,” translated by Robert W. Smith,
-  I. Fujieda, E. Matsuyama, and M. Kurita, “Signatures of live fingers extracted from a series of fingerprint images,” in Sensors and Camera Systems for Scientific and Industrial Applications VI, M. M. Blouke (ed.), Proc. Of SPIE, Vol.5677, pp. 177-185, 2005.
-  I. Konishi, Y. Ito, N. Sakauchi, M. Kobayashi, and Y. Tsunazawa, “A new optical imager for hemoglobin distribution in human skin,” Optical Review, Vol.10, No.6, pp. 592-595, 2003.
-  T. Ozawa, Y. Ikeda, T. Saitou, and S. Numada, “Non invasive measurement for hemoglobin concentration using reflective near infrared spectroscopic imaging method,” Japan Soc. ME&BE, N2-0201, Nov., 2004, Dogo, Matsuyama, Japan (in Japanese).
-  K. A. Nixon and R. K. Rowe, “Multispectral fingerprint imaging for spoof detection,” to be published in Biometric Technology for Human Identification II, A. K. Jain and N. K. Ratha (Eds.), Proc. of SPIE, Vol.5779, 2005.
-  I. Fujieda and H. Haga, “Fingerprint input based on scattered light detection,” Applied Optics, Vol.36, No.35, pp. 9152-9156, 1997.
-  K. Tai, M. Kurita, and I. Fujieda, “Recognition of living fingers with a sensor based on scattered-light detection,” Applied Optics, Vol.45, No.3, pp. 419-424, 2006.
-  M. Kurita, K. Tai, and I. Fujieda, “Multi-spectral imaging of fingerprints for secure biometric systems,” Proc. IS&T/SID, 13th Color Imaging Conf., pp. 251-255, 2005.
-  K. Tai, M. Kurita, and I. Fujieda, “Dual-LED imaging for finger liveliness detection and its evaluation with replicas,” Vol.45, No.24, pp. 6263-6269, 2006.
-  M. Kobayashi, “Color reproduction/color management/color appearance,” Journal of the Color Science Association of Japan, Vol.26, No.1, pp. 18-29, 2002 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.