Development of 2-DOF Haptic Device Driven Directly by Shaft Motors
Hironori Ogawa and Makoto Shimojo
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent Systems, University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu-shi, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
-  K. B. Shimoga, “A Survey of Perceptual Feedback Issues in Dexterous Telemanipulation: Part I. Finger Force Feedback,” Proc. VRAIS’93, IEEE, pp. 263-270, 1993.
-  K. B. Shimoga, “A Survey of Perceptual Feedback Issues in Dexterous Telemanipulation: Part II. Finger Touch Feedback,” Proc. VRAIS’93, IEEE, pp. 271-279, 1993.
-  M. Konyo, S. Tadokoro, T. Takamori, K. Oguro, and K. Tokuda, “Tactile Feeling Display for Touch of Cloth Using Soft High Polymer Gel Actuators,” Transactions of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 323-328, 2001.
-  T. H. Massie, and J. K. Salisbury, “The PHANToM Haptic Interface: A Device for Probing Virtual Objects,” Proceedings of the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems, Chicago, IL, Nov., 1994.
-  T. H. Massie, “Virtual Touch Through Point Interaction,” International Conference on Artificial Reality and Tele-existence, pp. 19-38, 1996.
-  K. Akahane, S. Hasegawa, Y. Koike, and M. Sato, “The High Definition Haptic Rendering by the Update Frequency of 10kHz,” Transactions of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 217-226, 2004.
-  M. Shimojo, and T. Niki, “A Development of Compact and High Responce Haptics Display System,” The IEICE transactions on information and systems, PT.2, Vol.J87-D-II, No.5, pp. 1133-1141, 2004.
-  G. Robles-De-La-Torre, and V. Hayward, “Force Can Overcome Object Geometry in the Perception of Shape Through Active Touch,” Nature, Vol.414, pp. 445-448, 2001.
-  S. Ichikawa, “Invitation to Psychological Measuring Method,” SAIENSU-SHA Co.,Ltd., Feb., 1991.
-  S. J. Bolanowski, Jr., G. A. Gescheider, R. T. Verrillo, and C. M. Checkosky, “Four Channels Mediate the Mechanical Aspects of Touch,” Journal of the Accoustical Society of America, Vol.84, No.5, pp. 1680-1694, 1988.
-  M. Shimojo, “Information Handling of Cutaneous Sense,” Journal of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.41, No.10, pp. 723-727, 2002.
-  R. F. Schmidt (translated by Y. Iwamura et al.), “Fundamentals of Sensory Physiology, Third, Revised and Expanded Edition,” KINPODO INC., 1989.
-  Y. Sakaguchi, “Haptic Recognition System Based on Sensory Integration and Active Perception,” Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.31, No.8, pp. 1217-1226, Jul., 1995.
-  R. S. Johansson, and A. B. Vallbo, “Tactile Sensory Coding in the Glabrous Skin of the Human Hand,” Technical Information on Neural Science, pp. 27-32, 1983.
-  H. Ogawa, and M. Shimojo, “Materials Texture Presentment System –Cloth Texture Presentment by Tactile Information–,” The 9th Virtual Reality Society of Japan Annual Conference, pp. 31-33, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.