Reconfigurable Cellular Satellites Maintained by Space Robots
Hideyuki Tanaka, Noritaka Yamamoto, Takehisa Yairi,
and Kazuo Machida
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo 153-8904, Japan
-  M. Yim et al., “PolyBot: a modular reconfigurable robot,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, April, 2000, pp. 514-520.
-  C. Unsal et al., “A 3-D Modular Self-Reconfigurable Bipartite Robotic System: Implementation and Motion Planning,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 23-40, January, 2001.
-  S. Murata et al., “M-TRAN: self-reconfigurable modular robotic system,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mech, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 431-441, 2002.
-  Y. Terada, and S. Murata, “Automatic Assembly System for Large Modular Structure,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.23, No.5, pp. 612-618, 2005.
-  H. Tanaka et al., “Autonomous Assembly of Cellular Satellite by Robot for Sustainable Space System,” Proceedings of the 56th International Astronautical Congress (IAC2005), IAC-05-D1.2.04, October, 2005.
-  S. B. Skaar, and C. F. Ruoff, “Teleoperation and Robotics in Space,” American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., Washington, DC, 1994.
-  K. Machida, H. Nishida, and K. Akita, “Precise Telerobotic System for Space Experiment on ETS-VII,” 49th Int. Astronautical Congress, IAF-98-U.5.05, 1998, pp. 1-10.
-  K. Machida, “Space Robot Maintaining a Satellite Constellation in Earth Orbit,” Jsme News Vol.13, No.2, The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, December, 2002, pp. 3-4.
-  S. Kimura, “Orbital Maintenance System,” The Journal of IEICE, Vol.82, No.8, pp. 820-823, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  J. R. Wertz, and W. J. Larson, “Space Mission Analysis and Design (Third Edition),” Microcosm, Inc., 1999.
-  C. M. Reynerson, “Spacecraft Modular Architecture for On-Orbit Servicing,” AIAA Space Technology Conference and Exposition, September, 1999, AIAA-99-4473.
-  J. Miller, and J. Guerrero, “SpaceFrame: Modular Spacecraft Building Blocks for Plug and Play Spacecraft,” 16th Annual/USU Conference on Small Satellites, 2002, SSC02-III-8.
-  F. Ozaki et al., “Robot control strategy for in-orbit assembly of a micro satellite,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 199-222, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.