Concept of a Micro Gyroscope Using Electro-Conjugate Fluid (ECF) and Development of an ECF Micro Gyro-Motor
Shinichi Yokota*, Ryuta Nishizawa*, Kenjiro Takemura*,
and Kazuya Edamura**
*Precision and Intelligence Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259-R2-41 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
**New Technology Management Co., Ltd., 2-9-1-306 Higashi-Shinkoiwa, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo 124-0023, Japan
-  “Introduction of Gyro Technology,” Tamagawa Seiki Co. Ltd. (in Japanese).
-  R. Oboe, R. Antonello, E. Lasalandra, G. S. Durante, and L. Prandi, “Control of a Z-Axis MEMS Vibrational Gyroscope,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 364-370, 2005.
-  T. Rogers, N. Aitken, K. Stribley, and J. Boyd, “Improvements in MEMS gyroscope production as a result of using in situ, aligned, current-limited anodic bonding,” Sens. Actuators A, Vol.123, No.124, pp. 106-110, 2005.
-  S. Lee, S. Park, J. Kim, S. Lee, and DI. Cho, “Surface/Bulk Micromachined Single-Crystalline-Silicon Micro-Gyroscope,” J. Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 557-567, 2000.
-  Y. Otsubo, and K. Edamura, “Dielectric Fluid Motors,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.71, No.3, pp. 318-320, 1997.
-  S.-I. Jeong, J. Seyed-Yagoobi, and P. Atten, “Theoretical/Numerical Study of Electrohydrodynamic Pumping Through Conduction Phenomenon,” IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 355-361, 2003.
-  S. Yokota, Y. Kondoh, A. Sadamoto, Y. Otsubo, and K. Edamura, “A Micro Motor Using Electro-conjugate Fluids (ECF) (Proposition of Stator Electrode-type (SE-type) Micro ECF Motors),” Int. J. JSME Ser. C, Vol.44, No.3, pp. 756-762, 2000.
-  S. Yokota, “A 2mm ECF micromotor,” Proc. 7th Int. Conf. Mechatronics Technology (ICMT’03), pp. 361-366, 2003.
-  R. Abe, and S. Yokota, “A Micro Actuator using ECF-Jet with Needle-type Electrode,” Proc. FLUCOME’03, CD-ROM, 2003.
-  K. Takemura, S. Yokota, and K. Edamura, “A Micro Artificial Muscle Actuator using Electro-conjugate Fluid,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation (ICRA2005), pp. 534-539, 2005.
-  S. Yokota, K. Kawamura, K. Takemura, and K. Edamura, “High-Integration Micromotor Using Electro-Conjugate Fluid (ECF),” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 142-148, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.