Development of Infant Behavior Simulator: Modeling Grasping Achievement Based on Developmental Behavior Model and Environmental Interest Induction Model
Koji Kitamura*, Yoshifumi Nishida**, Naoaki Matsumoto*,
Yoichi Motomura**, Tatsuhiro Yamanaka***,
and Hiroshi Mizoguchi*
*Tokyo Univ. of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda-shi, Chiba 278-8510, Japan
**AIST & CREST, JST
***Ryokuen Children’s Clinic
-  A. L. Wallis, B. E. Cody, and A. D. Mickalide, “Report to the Nation: Trends in Unintentional Childhood Injury Mortality, 1987-2000,” National SAFE KIDS Campaign, 2003.
-  National Injury Surveillance and Prevention Project: Final Report,
-  National Center for Injury Prevention and Control,
-  The Depertment of Trade and Industry,
-  The Healthy Parents and Children 21 Project,
-  A. Yonas, C. E. Granrud, M. E. Arterberry, and B. L. Hanson, “Infants Distance Perception from Linear Perspective and Texture Gradients,” in Infant Behavior and Development, 9, pp. 247-256, 1986.
-  T. Wilcox, “Object individuation: infants’ use of shape, size, pattern, and color,” in Cognition, Vol.72, Issue 2, pp. 125-166, 1999.
-  Safety Life Information of Metropolis of Tokyo,
-  T. Tanaka, “Shin Kodomo No Jiko Boshi Manual (New Child Accident Prevention Manual),” Shindan-To-Chiryosha Co., LTD., 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nishida, H. Aizawa, T. Hori, N. H. Hoffman, T. Kanade, and M. Kakikura, “3D Ultrasonic Tagging System for Observing Human Activity,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2003), pp. 785-791, October, 2003.
-  W. K. Frankenburg, J. Dodds, P. Archer et al., “The DENVER II Training Manual,” Denver, CO: Denver Developmental Materials, Inc., 1992.
-  The Japanese Society of Child Health, “Japanese Edition DENVER II,” The Japanese Child Medical Press, 2003.
-  P. Martin, and P. Bateson, “Measuring Behavior,” Cambridge University Press, 1990.
-  J. J. Gibson, “The Senses Considered as Perceptual Systems,” Greenwood Press, Publishers, 1966.
-  R. Baeza-Yates, “Modern Information Retrieval,” Addison Wesley, 1999.
-  K. Järvelin, and J. Kekäläinen, “IR evaluation methods for retrieving highly relevant documents,” Proceedings of the 23rd Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pp. 41-48, New York, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.