Development of Image Recognition Processor Based on Configurable Processor
Takashi Miyamori*, Jun Tanabe*, Yasuhiro Taniguchi**,
Kenji Furukawa**, Tatsuo Kozakaya**, Hiroaki Nakai**,
Yukimasa Miyamoto*, Ken-ichi Maeda**,
and Masataka Matsui*
*SoC Research & Development Center, Semiconductor Company, Toshiba Corporation, 580-1 Horikawa-cho, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki 212-8520, Japan
**Corporate Research & Development Center, Toshiba Corporation, 1 Komukai Toshiba-cho, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki 212-8582, Japan
-  W. Raab et al., “A 100-GOPS Programmable Processor for Vehicle Vision Systems,” IEEE Design & Test of Computers, pp. 8-15, Jan.-Feb. 2003
-  S. Kyo et al., “A 51.2 GOPS Scalable Video Recognition Processor for Intelligent Cruise Control Based on a Linear Array of 128 4-Way VLIW Processing Elements,” IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) digest of technical papers, pp. 48-49, 2003.
-  T. Miyamori, “A Configurable and Extensible Media Processor,” Embedded Processor Forum, 2002.
-  http://www.MePcore.com/
-  A. Peleg, and U. Weiser, “MMX technology Extension to the Intel Architecture,” IEEE Micro, pp. 42-50, Aug. 1996.
-  A. Mizuno, “Design Methodology and System for a Configurable Media Embedded Processor Extensible to VLIW Architecture,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Design, pp. 2-7, Sep. 2002.
-  J. Tanabe et al., “Visconti: Multi-VLIW Image Recognition Processor based on Configurable Processor,” Proc. of IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), pp. 185-188, 2003.
-  Y. Kondo et al., “A 4GOPS 3Way-VLIW Image Recognition Processor Based on a Configurable Media-processor,” IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) digest of technical papers, pp. 148-149, 2001.
-  H. Takano et al., “A 4GOPS 3Way-VLIW Image Recognition Processor Based on a Configurable Media-processor,” IEICE Trans. Electron., Vol.E85-C, No.2, pp. 347-351, Feb. 2002.
-  Y. Taniguchi, and K. Okamoto, “Automatic Rear and Side Surveillance System using Image Processing,” Proc. of 6th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, 1999.
-  H. Hattori, “Stereo for 2D Visual Navigation,” Proc. IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 31-38, 2000.
-  H. Nakai et al., “A Practical Stereo Scheme for Obstacle Detection in Automotive Use,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2004.
-  K. Furukawa et al., “Onboard Surveillance System for Automobiles Using Image Processing LSI,” IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 555-559, 2004.
-  O. Yamaguchi, K. Fukui, and K. Maeda, “Face Recognition Using Temporal Image Sequence,” Proc. of 3rd IEEE Int. Conf. on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, pp. 318-323, 1998.
-  T. Kozakaya et al., “Development of a Face Recognition System on an Image Processing LSI chip,” Proc. of CVPR Workshop on Face Processing in Video (FPIV’04), 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.