Development of Cellular Manufacturing System Based on Movable Cells
Yoshiki Shimomura*, Fabio Noriyuki Takada**,
and Tetsuo Tomiyama***
*Research into Artifacts, Center for Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8904, Japan
**GRUPO LIBERCON, Av. Paulista, 807 - 25o Andar - Cerqueira Cesar Sao Paulo - SP - Brasil - CEP: 01311-915
***Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Marine Technology, Delft University of Technology, Mekelweg 2, 2628 CD Delft, The Netherlands
-  T. Tomiyama, T. Sakao, Y. Umeda, and Y. Baba, “The Post-Mass Production Paradigm, Knowledge Intensive Engineering, and Soft Machines,” in F.-L. Krause, and H. Jansen (eds.), “Life Cycle Modeling for Innovative Products and Processes,” pp. 369-380, Chapman & Hall, London, 1995.
-  Y. Umeda, T. Tomiyama, T. Sakao, and Y. Shimomura, “Design Methodology for Self-Maintenance Machines,” in J. Lee, and H. P. Wang (eds), “Computer-Aided Maintenance,” pp. 117-135, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
-  S. Kondoh, Y. Umeda, T. Tomiyama, and H. Yoshikawa, “Self Organization of Cellular Manufacturing Systems,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.49(1), pp. 347-350, 2000.
-  A. Kusiak, “The generalized group technology concept,” International Journal of Production Research, 25(4), pp. 561-569, 1987.
-  F. Oba, Y. Zhu, and T. Murayama, “A tool allocation method based on group technology and heuristics,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (Series C), 56(530), pp. 230-235, JSME, 1990 (in Japanese).
-  S. Song, and K. Hitomi, “A GT cell formation based on material flow for designing GT a cell layout,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (Series C), 57(536), pp. 319-327, JSME, 1991 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Umeda, Y. Shimomura, T. Tomiyama, and H. Yoshikawa, “Using Functional Maintenance to Improve Fault Tolerance,” IEEE Expert, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 25-31, 1994.
-  R. Sato, S. Kondoh, T. Sakao, Y. Umeda, and T. Tomiyama, “Development of cellular machines – cellular manufacturing system,” Proceedings of the 1998 JSPE Autumn Meeting, p. 614, 1998.
-  F. Takada, K. Doi, Y. Shimomura, and T. Tomiyama, “Development of movable cellular manufacturing system – 1st report – strategy design for movable cells,” Proceedings of the 2002 Robotic Mechatronics Meeting, JSME, 2002.
-  K. M. Gardiner, “Trends and perspectives: An integrated design strategy for future manufacturing systems,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 15(1), pp. 52-61, 1996.
-  Y. Shimomura, H. Hasunuma, K. Makino, M. Koyama, Y. Nakano, and Y. Ohtsuki, “A control method for gathering patterns of multiple micromachines,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 158-164, 2000.
-  L. Roos, “Resource Allocated Production,” Almqvist and Wiksell, Sweden, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.