Development of Portable Color Discrimination for the Visually Impaired and Color Blindness
Mitsuyoshi Maekawa*, Shinya Hashizume**, Yasunori Touma**,
Yukiko Imai***, Hiroaki Seki***, and Yoshikatsu Hifumi****
*Industrial Research Institute of Ishikawa, 2-1 Kuratsuki, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-8203, Japan
**Hokkei Co., Ltd. 3-4-20 Masuizumi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 921-8025, Japan
***Graduate School of Natural Science & Technology, Kanazawa University, 2-40-20 Kodatsuno, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-8667, Japan
****Reha Vision Co., Ltd., 2-13 Asahidai, Tatsunokuti, Nomi, Ishikawa 923-1211, Japan
-  Japan Brail Library, E&C Project, “Results of the Questionnaire Survey for Persons with Visual Disability: Daily Inconveniences Experienced from Sunup to Nightfall,” Japan Brail Library, 1993.
-  K. Fukami, “Sense-of-color obstacle,” Kanahara, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  F. Furuno et al., “Colour Discriminating Apparatus for the Blind,” 1st International Conference on Computer for Handicapped Persons, pp. 134-143, 1989.
-  F. Furuno, “Color identification apparatus for the visually handicapped,” The 4th Japanese Conference on the Advancement of Assistive and Rehabilitation Technology, pp. 171-174, 1989.
-  F. Furuno, “Study on color identification apparatus for the visually handicapped,” Shokugyou Nouryoku Kaihatsu Journal, Vol.33, No.7, pp. 25-28, 1991 (in Japanese).
-  M. Gatto, “A study on the Color Discrimination System for a Color-blind Person,” Nagoya Municipal Industrial Research Institute Research Reports, No.81, pp. 13-16, 1996.
-  K. Takahashi, “Oto wo onsei de yomiageru iro-sensa,” Transistor Gijutsu, Vol.27, No.7, pp. 260-262, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  O. Sueda, “Sensory Characteristics for Burst Vibration and Sense of “Vibro-Hue”,” Proceedings of 7th Sensory Substitution Symposium, pp. 66-73, 1981.
-  Acoustical Society of Japan, “Oto no nandemo shou-jiten,” Koudansha, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  H. Saisyo, “Perfect Pitch,” Shogakukan, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  D. Iwai, N. Nagata, S. H. Wake, and S. Inokuchi, “Approach to Non-verbal Mapping between Sound and Color,” Proc. SICE Annual Conference 2002 in Osaka (SICE2002), pp. 34-39, 2002.
-  J. L. Caivano, “Color and Sound,” Physical and Psychophysical Relations, COLOR research and application, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 126-133, 1994.
-  The Color Science Association of Japan, “Handbook of Color Science,” University of Tokyo Press, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.