Communication Interface for Human-Robot Partnership
Naoyuki Kubota*, and Yosuke Urushizaki**
*Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Metropolitan University, PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, 1-1 Minami-Osawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
**Dept. of Human and Artificial Intelligent Systems, University of Fukui, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui 910-8507, Japan
-  D. Gentner, and A. L. Stevens, “Mental models,” LEA, 1983.
-  D. A. Norman, “The Design of Everyday Things,” Basic Books, 1988.
-  J. Raskin, “The Human Interface,” Addison-Wesley, 2000.
-  U. Neisser, “Cognition and Reality,” W. H. Freeman and Company, 1976.
-  J. J. Gibson, “The Ecological Approach to Visual Perception,” LEA, 1986.
-  M. T. Turvey, and R. E. Shaw, “Ecological Foundations of Cognition I. Symmetry and Specificity of Animal-Environment Systems,” Journal of Consciousness Studies 6, No.11-12, pp. 95-110, 1999.
-  A. M. Turing, “Computing Machinery and Intelligence,” Mind, Vol.59, pp. 433-466, 1950.
-  R. A. Brooks, “Cambrian Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  R. Pfeifer, and C. Scheier, “Understanding Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  S. J. Russell, and P. Norvig, “Artificial Intelligence,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1995.
-  R. S. Sutton, and A. G. Barto, “Reinforcement Learning,” The MIT Press, 1998.
-  J.-S. R. Jang, C.-T. Sun, and E. Mizutani, “Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1997.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organization and Associative Memory,” Springer, 1984.
-  L. Liao, D. Fox, J. Hightower, H. Kautz, and D. Shulz: Voronoi Tracking, “Location Estimation Using Sqarse and Noisy Sensor Data,” Proc. 2003 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 723-728, 2003.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Zha, and T. Hasegawa, “Viewpoint Planning in Map Updating Task for Improving Utility of a Map,” Proc. of 2003 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 729-734, 2003.
-  Y. Endo, and R. C. Arkin, “Anticipatory Robot Navigation by Simultaneously Localizing and Building a Cognitive Map,” Proc. of 2003 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 460-466, 2003.
-  M. Tomono, and S. Yuta, “Object-based Localization and Mapping using Loop Constraints and Geometric Prior Knowledge,” Proc. of Internation Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 862-867, 2003.
-  J. Guivant, and E. Nebot, “Optimization of the Simultaneous Localization and Map Building Algorithm for Real Time Implementation,” IEEE Trans. on Robotic and Automation, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 242-257, 2001.
-  T. Fukuda, and N. Kubota, “An Intelligent Robotic System Based on A Fuzzy Approach,” Proc. of IEEE, Vol.87, No.9, pp. 1448-1470, 1999.
-  N. Kubota, D. Hisajima, F. Kojima, and T. Fukuda, “Fuzzy and Neural Computing for Communication of a Partner Robot,” Journal of Multi-Valued Logic and Soft Computing, Vol.9, pp. 221-239, 2003.
-  N. Kubota, and Y. Urushizaki, “Multiple Value Functions for A Computer Agent Interacting with Human,” Proc. of the 34th Annual Conference of the International Simulation And Gaming Association (ISAGA), pp. 761-770, 2003.
-  K. S. Fu, R. C. Gonzalez, and C. S. G. Lee, “Robotics,” McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1987.
-  M. W. Spong, and M. Vidyasagar, “Robot Dynamics and Control,” John Wiley & Sons, 1989.
-  M. Brady, and R. Paul, Robotics Research, “The First International Symposium,” The MIT Press, Massachusetts, 1984.
-  N. Kubota, T. Arakawa, and T. Fukuda, “Trajectory Planning and Learning of A Redundant Manipulator with Structured Intelligence,” Journal of The Brazilian Computer Society, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 14-26, 1998.
-  K. Kawai, A. Ishiguro, and P. Eggenberger, “Incremental Evolution of Neurocontrollers with a Diffusion-Reaction Mechanism of Neuromodulators,” in Proc. (CD-ROM) of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2001.
-  H. Kimura, M. Yamamura, and S. Kobayashi, “Reinforcement Learning by Stochastic Hill Climbing on Discounted Reward,” Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 295-303, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.