Realization of All 7 Motions for the Upper Limb by a Muscle Suit
Hiroshi Kobayashi*,**, Taichi Shiiba*, and Yujiro Ishida*
*Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Science University of Tokyo, 1-3 Kagurazaka, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162-8601, Japan
**JST, PRESTO21, 4-1-8 Honchou, Kawaguchi, Saitama, Japan
-  H. Kobayashi, J. Aoki, H. Hosono, T. Matsushita, Y. Ishida, K. Kikuchi, and M. Koseki, “Concept of Wear-type Muscular Support Apparatus (Muscle Suit),” Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, pp. 3236-3241, May 2002.
-  H. Kobayashi, T. Matsushita, Y. Ishida, and K. Kikuchi, “New Robot Technology Concept Applicable to Human Physical Support –The Concept and Possibility of the Muscle Suit (Wearable Muscular Support Apparatus)–,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 46-53, 2002.
-  H. Kazerooni, “Extender: A Case Study for Human-Robot Interaction via Transfer of Power and Information Signals,” Proceedings of IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, pp. 10-20, Nov. 1993.
-  K. Yamamoto, H. Hyodo, and T. Matsuo, “Powered Suit for Assisting Nurse Labor,” Fluid Power (Proc. 3rd International Symposium on Fluid Power), SHPS, pp. 415-420, 1996.
-  T. Koyama, M. Q. Feng, and T. Tanaka, “Wearable Human Assisting Robot for Nursing Use,” Machine Intelligence and Robotic Control, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 163-168, 2000.
-  K. Kiguchi, R. Esaki, T. Tsuruta, K. Watanabe, and T. Fukuda, “An Exoskeleton for Human Elbow and Forearm Motion Assist,” Proceedings of the 2003 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Oct. 27-31, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A, pp. 3600-3605, Oct. 2003.
-  C. P. Chou, and B. Hannaford, “Measurement and Modelling of McKibben Pneumatic Artificial Muscles,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, pp. 90-102, Feb. 1996.
-  H. F. Schulte Jr, “The characteristics of the McKibben artificial muscle,” The Application of external power in prosthetics and orthotics, National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council, Washington D.C., 1961.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.