Design of Wearable Power-Assist Device for Lower Back Support
Keitaro Naruse*, Satoshi Kawai**, Hiroshi Yokoi***,
and Yukinori Kakazu****
*The School of Computer Science and Engineering, The University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu 965-8580, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University, Kita-13 Nishi-8, Sapporo 060-8628, Japan
***Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
****Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita-14 Nishi-9, Sapporo 060-8628, Japan
-  K. Yamamoto, K. Hyodo, M. Ishii, and T. Matsuo, “Development of Power Assisting Suit for Assisting Nurse Labor,” Trans. of JSME, Vol.67, No.657, pp. 1499-1506, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  S. Morishita, T. Tanaka, K. Yamafuji, and N. Kanamori, “Improvement of Manoeuvrability of the Man-Machine System for Wearable Nursing Robots,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.11, No.6, pp. 461-467, 1999.
-  T. Aoki, and K. Taguchi, “A Study of Human-Assist-Robot –Development of a Prototype Robot for Nursing Use–,” J. of RSJ, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 157-163, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  S. Lee, and Y. Sankai, “Power Assist Control for Walking Aid with-HAL-3 Based on EMG and Impedance Adjustment around Knee Joint,” IROS2002, pp. 1499-1504, 2002.
-  K. Kiguchi, S. Kariya, T. Tanaka, K. Watanabe, and T. Fukuda, “An Interface between an Exoskeletal Elbow Motion Assist Robot and a Human Upper-Arm,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 439-452, 2002.
-  H. Kazerooni, and J. Guo, “Human Extenders,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurements, and Control, Vol.115, No.2(B), 1993.
-  H. Kazerooni, S. L. Mahoney et al., “Dynamics and Control of Robotic Systems Worn by Humans,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.113, pp. 379-387, 1991.
-  J. J. Misuraca, and C. Mavroidis, “Lower Limb Human Muscle Enhancer,” Proceedings of IMECE01: International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exposition, 2001.
-  J. Rosen, M. Brand, M. B. Fuchs, and M. Arcan, “A Myosignal-Based Powered Exoskeleton System,” IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 210-222, 2001.
-  D. B. Chaffin, G. B. J. Anderson, and B. J. Martin, “Occupational Biomechanics, third edition,” John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
-  S. Kawai, K. Naruse, H. Yokoi, and Y. Kakazu, “An analysis of human motion for control of a wearable power assist system,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 237-244, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.