Applications of Motion Control Originated from Robot Technology
Tohoku University, Aoba-yama 01, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
A new research model proposed by the Science Council of Japan in 1999 [1, 2] is based on how research is conducted and culturally integrated into society. Motion control systems developed for robots as part of the robot technology (RT) has potential applications both in actual robot systems and other systems, as demonstrated in several examples showing how motion control schemes developed for robots can be used.
-  The Third Committee, The 17th Science Council of Japan, “Towards a new research paradigm,” National Council of Japan, April 1999 (in Japanese).
-  S. Iwasaki, “A New Direction of Science in Japan – from Strategic Research to Model Research,” Seminar of the Academy of Finland, February 5, pp. 12-19, 1999.
-  K. Kosuge, “Service RT Systems,” Field and Service Robotics: Recent Advanced in Research and Applications, edited by S. Yuta et al., Springer, to appear.
-  Japan Robot Association, “Strategy for Creation of Society with Robots in 21st Century,” Japan Robot Association, May 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Japan Robot Association, “Open System Architecture for Developing Robots in New Fields,” Japan Robot Association, March 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Japan Robot Association, “RT Open Architecture and its Strategy,” Japan Robot Association, March 2003 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yabushita, Y. Hirata, K. Kosuge, and Z.-D. Wang, “Environment-Adaptive Control Algorithm of Power Assisted Cycle,” Proceeding of IECON2003, pp. 1962-1968, 2003.
-  http://www.mew.co.jp/epm/pmd/delica/food/delicart_01.html
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizoni, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist: A System of Assisting Human Workers by Reflecting Their Skills in Positioning Tasks,” Proceedings of SMC1999, 1999.
-  H. Kazerooni, “Human-Robot Interaction via the Transfer of Power and Information Signals,” IEEE Transactions on System, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 450-463, 1990.
-  K. Kosuge, Y. Fujisawa, and T. Fukuda, “Control of Mechanical System with Man-machine Interaction,” Proceedings of IROS 1992, pp. 87-92, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.