Development of Interference-Free Wire-Driven Joint Mechanism for Surgical Manipulator Systems
Kouji Nishizawa*, and Kousuke Kishi**
*Mechanical Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd. 502 Kandatsu, Tsuchiura, Ibaraki 300-0013, Japan
Advanced Biomedical Engineering & Science Graduate School of Medicine Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
**Advanced Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd. 502 Kandatsu, Tsuchiura, Ibaraki 300-0013, Japan
-  Muhe E. Die erste Cholecystektomie dursh das laparoskop, Langenbecks Arch Chir, 369, p. 804, 1986.
-  Kuntomo Takakura, Haruhiko Kikuchi, “The state of the art of functional neurosurgery” (in Japanese), pp. 28-34, Institute for Advanced Medical Technology, 2002.
-  T. Furukawa, M. Ohgami, M. Kitajima, K. Nakazawa, “Present State and Future Prospect of Robotic Surgery” (in Japanese), J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 8-11, 2000-1.
-  F. W. Mohr, V. Falk, A. Diegeler and R. Autschbach, “Computer-enhanced coronary artery bypass surgery,” J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg, 117, pp. 1212-1215, 1999.
-  H. Shennib, A. Bastawisy, J. McLoughlin and F. Moll, “Robotic computer-assisted telemanipulation enhances coronary artery bypass,” J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg, vol.117, pp. 310-313, 1999.
-  Jun-ichi Koyama, Kazuhiro Hongo, Yukinari Kakizawa, Tetsuya Goto, and Shigeaki Kobayashi, “Endoscopic telerobotics for neurosurgery: Preliminary study for optimal distance between an object lens and a target,” Neurological Research, vol.24, June, pp. 373-376, 2002.
-  Hongo K, Kakizawa Y, Koyama J, Kan K, Nishizawa K, Tajima F, Fujie M, Kobayashi S, “Microscopic-manipulator system for minimally invasive neurosurgery: Preliminary study for clinical application,” Proc. 15th lnt symp Exhib, CARS2001, 265-269, 2001.
-  Gary S. Guthart, J. Kenneth Salisbury Jr., “The Intuitive Telesurgery System: Overview and Application,” Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICAR2001), No.77, pp. 618-621, 2001.
-  F Tajima, K Kishi, K Nishizawa, K Kan, H Ishii, M G. Fujie, T Dohi, K Sudo, S Takamoto, “An MR-compatible master-slave manipulator with interchangeable surgical tools,” Proc. 17th Int Cong Exhib, CARS2003, pp. 529-537, 2003.
-  F Tajima, K Kishi, K Nishizawa, K Kan, H Ishii, M G. Fujie, T Dohi, K Sudo and S Takamaoto, “Magnetic Resonance Compatible Surgical Manipulator: Part of a Unified Support System for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Heart Disease,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.17, No.6, 561-575, 2003.
-  F Tajima, K Kishi, K Nishizawa, K Kan, Y Nemoto, H Takeda, S Umemura, H Takeuchi, M G. Fujie, T Dohi, K Sudo, S Takamoto, “Development of MR Compatible Surgical Manipulator toward a Unified Support System for Diagnosis and Treatment of Heart Disease,” LNCS2488, Proc MICCAI 2002, Part I, 83-90, 2002.
-  K Nishizawa, F. Tajima, K. Sudou, M. G.Fujie, S Takamoto, T. Dohi, “Concept of Unified Support System for Diagnosis and Treatment of Heart Diseases” (in Japanese), Proceedings of 10th conference of Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery (JSCAS), pp.23-24, 2001-11.
-  Kouji Nishizawa, Fujio Tajima, Ken-ichi Sudou, Masakatsu Fujie, Shin-ichi Takamoto, Takeyoshi Dohi, “Development of Surgical Manipulator System Adapted to MR Environment” (in Japanese), Prepr. of Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng, No.02-6, p.41, 2002-6.
-  Daniel T. Wallance, Christopher A. Julian, Tracey A. Morley, S. Baron, “Surgical Tools For Use In Minimally Invasive Telesurgical Applications,” United States Patent, US 6,394,998 B1
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.