COVID-19 Response and Preparedness in the Okayama Prefecture
Miho Sodeno*,**, and Toshiaki Noriyasu*
*Division of Health and Welfare, Okayama Prefectural Government
2-4-6 Uchisange, Okayama, Okayama 700-0824, Japan
**National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
In this article, the authors explain how Division of Health and Welfare, the Okayama Prefectural Government, addressed the COVID-19 pandemic by focusing on the public health administration, policies enforcement, and government measures to ease the burden of people and industry, especially the hospital industry.
-  Q. Li, X. Guan, P. Wu et al., “Early Transmission Dynamics in Wuhan, China, of Novel Coronavirus-Infected Pneumonia,” N. Engl. J. Med., Vol.382, pp. 1199-1207, 2020.
-  C. Wang, P. W. Horby, F. G. Hayden, and G. F. Gao, “A novel coronavirus outbreak of global health concern,” Lancet, Vol.395, pp. 470-473, 2020.
-  C. L. Atzrodt, I. Maknojia, R. D. P. McCarthy et al., “A Guide to COVID-19: a global pandemic caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2,” FEBS. J., Vol.287, pp. 3633-3650, 2020.
-  Cabinet Secretariat, “National Action Plan for Pandemic Influenza and New Infectious Diseases,” https://www.cas.go.jp/jp/seisaku/ful/keikaku.html (in Japanese) [accessed October 18, 2021]
-  Okayama Prefecture, “Outline of Okayama Prefecture Okayama Prefecture,” https://www.pref.okayama.jp/page/295714.html [accessed October 3, 2021]
-  Okayama Prefecture, “Budget profile in Reiwa second year in Okayama Prefecture,” https://www.pref.okayama.jp/uploaded/attachment/266043.pdf7 [accessed December 19, 2021]
-  Okayama Prefecture, “Information of Okayama Prefecture related to COVID-19,” https://www.pref.okayama.jp/page/724270.html [accessed October 17, 2021]
-  Y. Yokota, “Leprosy and human rights: trends in Japan and in the world,” Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi, Vol.83, pp. 125-129, 2014 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  “Constitution of the World Health Organization,” Am. J. Public Health Nations Health, Vol.36, No.11, pp. 1315-1323, 1946.
-  M. Yamada, Y. Kimura, D. Ishiyama et al., “Effect of the COVID-19 Epidemic on Physical Activity in Community-Dwelling Older Adults in Japan: A Cross-Sectional Online Survey,” J. Nutr. Health. Aging., Vol.24, pp. 948-950, 2020.
-  A. Wysokinski, T. Sobow, I. Kloszewska, and T. Kostka, “Mechanisms of the anorexia of aging-a review,” Age, Vol.37, Article No.81, 2015.
-  A. M. Martone, G. Onder, D. L. Vetrano et al., “Anorexia of aging: a modifiable risk factor for frailty,” Nutrients, Vol.5, No.10, pp. 4126-4133, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.