OxCGRT-Based Evaluation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures Taken by Japanese Prefectures
Shinya Kumagai, Tomomi Aoyama, Eri Ino, and Kenji Watanabe
Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
Particularly in the early stages of infection spread in spring 2020, mass infection to COVID-19 occurred mainly in densely populated areas. In order to control the spread of the disease while minimizing its impact on economic activities, response and awareness-raising were required not only at the national level but also at the prefectural level. In this study, we attempted to compare and verify the characteristics of the decision-making process and the effectiveness of the prefectural response by quantitatively evaluating the changes in the measures taken by each prefecture in Japan over time.
-  T. Hale et al., “Variation in government responses to COVID-19,” Version 4.0, BSG Working Paper Series, BSG-WP-2020/031, 2020, https://www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/sites/default/files/2020-04/BSG-WP-2020-031-v4.0_0.pdf [accessed December 18, 2020]
-  T. Hale et al., “Variation in government responses to COVID-19,” Version 8.0, BSG Working Paper Series, BSG-WP-2020/032, 2020, https://www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/sites/default/files/2020-10/BSG-WP-2020-032-v8.pdf [accessed December 18, 2020]
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Government of Japan, “Basic Action Policy for Countermeasures against New Coronavirus Infections,” https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/10900000/000633503.pdf (in Japanese) [accessed December 18, 2020]
-  Apple Inc., “Mobility Trends Reports,” https://covid19.apple.com/mobility [accessed December 18, 2020]
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Tokyo Coronavirus Infectious Disease Task Force report,” https://www.bousai.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/taisaku/saigai/1010035/index.html (in Japanese) [accessed November 2, 2020]
-  Hokkaido Government, “Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19),” http://www.pref.hokkaido.lg.jp/ss/ssa/singatakoronahaien.htm (in Japanese) [accessed November 2, 2020]
-  GoToTravel Office, GoToTravel official website, https://goto.jata-net.or.jp/ (in Japanese) [accessed November 2, 2020]
-  NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation), “Government of Japan reached an agreement with South Korea to resume traffic,” October 4, 2020, https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20201004/k10012647651000.html (in Japanese) [accessed November 2, 2020]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.