Developing Flood Inundation Map Using RRI and SOBEK Models: A Case Study of the Bago River Basin, Myanmar
Zin Mar Lar Tin San*,, Win Win Zin*, Akiyuki Kawasaki**, Ralph Allen Acierto***, and Tin Zar Oo*
*Department of Civil Engineering, Yangon Technological University
Gyogone, Insein Road, Yangon 11011, Myanmar
**Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
***Institute of Industrial Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
-  I. M. Muhammal and A. Fahad, “Flood Inundation Mapping and Risk Zoning of the Swat River Pakistan Using HEC-RAS Model,” Lasbela University J. of Science, Vol.3, pp. 45-52, 2014.
-  Myanmar Information Management Unit (MIMU), https://themimu.info/emergencies/monsoon-flooding [accessed July 15, 2019]
-  Department of Metherology and Hydrogy (Myanmar), https://www.moezala.gov.mm/content/flood [accessed July 15, 2019]
-  A. M. Khaing, “Mapping Flood Inundation in the Bago River Basin, Myanmar,” M.Sc. Thesis, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), 2014.
-  M. Abdel-Fattah, S. A. Kantoush, M. Saber, and T. Sumi, “Hydrological Modelling of Flash Flood at Wadi Samail, Oman,” Annuals of Disas. Prev. Res. Inst., Kyoto Univ., No.59, pp. 533-541, 2016.
-  M. R. Edna, “Floodplain Inundation Simulation Using 2D Hydrodynamic Modelling Approach,” M.Sc. Thesis, International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation Enschede, 2007.
-  K. Pakoksung, “Runoff Analysis using Satellite Data for Flood Reginal Assessment,” Dr.Eng. Thesis, Graduate School of Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, 2016.
-  W. W. Zin, A. Kawasaki, and S. Win, “River Flood Inundation Mapping in the Bago River Basin, Myanmar,” Hydrological Research Letters, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 97-102, 2015.
-  W. W. Zin, A. Kawasaki, W. Takeuchi, Z. M. L. T. San, K. Z. Htun, T. H. Aye, and S. Win, “Flood Hazard Assessment of Bago River Basin, Myanmar,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.13, No.1, pp. 14-21, 2018.
-  S. Win, W. W. Zin, A. Kawasaki, and Z. M. L. T. San, “Establishment of Flood Damage Function Models: A Case Study in the Bago River Basin, Myanmar,” Int. J. of Disaster Risk Reduction, Vol.28, pp. 688-700, 2018.
-  S. S. Bhagabati and A. Kawasaki, “Consideration of the Rainfall-Runoff Inundation (RRI) Model for Flood Mapping in Deltaic Area of Myanmar,” Hydrological Research Letters, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 155-160, 2017.
-  R. A. Acierto, A. Kawasaki, W. W. Zin, A. T. Oo, K. Ra, and D. Komori, “Development of a Hydrological Telemetry System in Bago River,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.13, No.1, pp. 116-124, 2018.
-  T. Sayama, Y. Tatebe, Y. Iwami, and S. Tanaka, “Hydrologic Sensitivy of Flood Runoff and Inundation: 2011 Thailand Floods in the Chao Phraya River Basin,” Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., Vol.15, pp. 1617-1630, 2015.
-  T. Sayama, G. Ozawa, T. Kawakami, S. Nabesaka, and K. Fukami, “Rainfall-Runoff-Inundation Analysis of the 2010 Pakistan Flood in the Kabul River Basin,” Hydrological Science J., Vol.57, pp. 298-312, 2012.
-  Deltares, “SOBEK, Hydrodynamic, Rainfall Runoff and Real Time Control,” 2016.
-  A. Sanchez, “Development of a Computer Based 1D-2D Dynamic Flood Model, Case Study of the Pagsangaan River Basin in Leyte, the Phillippines,” M.Sc. Thesis, Technische Universität München, 2011.
-  S. S. Bhagabati, “Development of a Near-Real Time Flood Inundation Analysis System for a Deltaic Flat River Basin in a Data-Scarce Region; Case of the Bago River basin, Myanmar,” Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 2018.
-  S. Win, “Development of Flood Inundation Map for the Bago River,” M.Eng. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Yangon Technological University, 2014.