Development of Disaster Prevention Support System for Irrigation Pond (DPSIP)
Toshikazu Hori*,, Akira Izumi**, Daisuke Shoda**, Tetsushi Shigeoka**, and Hiroshi Yoshisako**
*Soil Mechanics Unit, Division of Facilities and Geotechnical Engineering, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization
2-1-6 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8609, Japan
**Institute for Rural Engineering, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO), Ibaraki, Japan
In recent years, many cases of secondary disasters have occurred owing to failures of irrigation ponds after large disasters such as the Great East Japan Earthquake, Northern Kyushu Heavy Rain, and the Heavy Rain Event of July 2018. At the National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO), we have developed the Disaster Prevention Support System for Irrigation Ponds (hereinafter referred to as the DPSIP), which is aimed at sharing disaster information relating to irrigation ponds in times of major disaster. In this paper, we present the specifications of the DPSIP and the applicability of the system is also explained by applying the system to actual disasters and by conducting a verification test.
-  T. Hori, K. Ueno, and K. Matsushima, “Damages of Small Earth Dams Induced by the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Tech. Rep. Natl. Inst. Rural. Eng. Japan, Vol.213, pp. 175-199, 2012.
-  The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, “Outlines of irrigation ponds” http://www.maff.go.jp/j/nousin/bousai/bousai_saigai/b_tameike/ [accessed February 3, 2019]
-  Verification Committee on Earthquake Resistance of Fukushima Prefecture Agricultural Dam and Irrigation Pond, “Investigation report on cause of Fujinuma dam’s collapse (abstract),” Report on the Breach, pp. 1-7, 2012.
-  A. Izumi, T. Hori, D. Shoda, H. Yoshisako, and Y. Kajiwara, “Disaster cause of Small Earth Dam Damaged by Northern Kyushu Torrential Rain in July 2017,” Bulletin of NARO, Rural Engineering, No.2, pp. 1-14, 2018.
-  A. Duttine, F. Tatsuoka, K. Horii, and Y. Mohri, “Evaluation of seismic-induced slope displacement by the Newmark method accounting for strain-softening and undrained cyclic loading,” The 48th Japan National Conf. on Geotechnical Engineering, pp. 1589-1590, 2013.
-  S. Yazaki, A. Duttine, F. Tatsuoka, and Y. Mohri, “Working examples of seismic-induced slope displacements evaluated by the Newmark method accounting for strength reduction during loading,” The 48th Japan National Conf. on Geotechnical Engineering, pp. 1591-1592, 2013.
-  F. Tatsuoka, A. Duttine, S. Yazaki, and Y. Mohri, “Evaluation of seismic slip displacement of slope by Newmark method taking into account soil strength reduction due to undrained cyclic loading and strain-softening,” Symp. of JGS, pp. 394-402, 2014.
-  K. Ueno, Y. Mohri, T. Tanaka, and F. Tatsuoka, “Evaluation method of soil strength reduction by undrained cyclic loading and analysis of seismic sliding displacement by Newmark – D method,” Symp. of JGS, pp. 403-410, 2014.
-  Y. Mohri, “Concept of Seismic-Stability Analysis to Damaged Small Earth fill Dam,” Report of Research Division on Construction and Materials, Vol.53, pp. 33-49, 2015.
-  Y. Mohri, A. Duttine, F. Tatsuoka, and S. Yazaki, “Simplified Seismic-Stability Analysis of Small Earth Fill Dams against Level 2 Seismic Load,” Water, Land and Environmental Engineering, Vol.83, No.12, pp. 19-22, 2015.
-  T. Hori, H. Yoshisako, H. Kojima, H. Aoki, T. Hayashi, and M. Hashimoto, “Development of Water Level Estimation System for Small Earth Dams during Heavy Rainfalls,” Japanese Association for the Study of Irrigation, Drainage and Reclamation Engineering, Vol.174, pp. 51-57, 2015.
-  A. Nagai, N. Tanakamaru, and M. Kadoya, “Hydoligy on dammanagement – focusing on flood prediction of river basin,” Morikita Publishing, pp. 36-40, 2003.
-  Rural Infrastructure Department, “The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Land Improvement Project Design Guidelines – Irrigation pond design,” JSIDRE, pp. 100-118, 2015.
-  D. Shoda, O. Kawamoto, H. Yoshisako, and K. Inoue, “Prediction of Inundation Areas Due to Failure in Small Earthfill Dam Using Numerical Analysis,” Japan Agricultural Research Quarterly (JARQ), Vol.49, No.2, pp. 97-102, 2015.
-  D. Shoda, T. Hori, H. Yoshisako, H. Aki, S. Nagao, and M. Miyoshi, “Verification of chain break analysis for small earthfill dam – Application of the method subjected to an actual break case –,” PAWEES & INWEPF Int. Conf., pp. 882-891, 2018.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.