Assessment of Street Network Accessibility in Tokyo Metropolitan Area After a Large Earthquake
Toshihiro Osaragi†, Maki Kishimoto, and Takuya Oki
Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1-M1-25, Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
It is difficult to evaluate the street network accessibility after a large earthquake occurs. In this paper, we construct a model to evaluate the street network accessibility for wide-area emergency behaviors under the condition of property damage in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area after a large earthquake. Additionally, we analyze the relationships between a local environment and street network accessibility by using multiple regression analysis. Finally, we discuss some important factors for evaluating risk mitigation strategies.
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport and Tourism, “Hazard map portal site,” (in Japanese), http://disaportal.gsi.go.jp/ [accessed Oct. 20, 2017]
-  UNISDR, “PreventionWeb.net,” http://www.preventionweb.net/english/professional/maps/v.php?id=3832 [accessed Oct. 20, 2017]
-  USGS, “U.S. volcanoes and current activity alerts,” http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/ [accessed Oct. 20, 2017]
-  European Commission, “Flood mapping,” http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/flood_risk/flood_atlas/ [accessed Oct. 20, 2017]
-  SHARE, “European seismic hazard maps,” http://www.shareeu.org/node/90 [accessed Oct. 20, 2017]
-  Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, “Disaster management in Japan,” 2015, http://www.bousai.go.jp/1info/pdf/saigaipamphlet_je.pdf [accessed Jan. 11, 2018]
-  Headquarters for Earthquake Research Promotion, “List of long -term evaluation,” 2017 (in Japanese), http://www.jishin.go.jp/main/choukihyoka/ichiran.pdf [accessed Jan. 11, 2018]
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Community earthquake risk assessment study,” 2013 (in Japanese), http://www.toshiseibi.metro.tokyo.jp/bosai/chousa_6/home.htm [accessed Oct. 20, 2017]
-  T. Kugai and T. Kato, “The structure of disaster mitigation performance of road network from the viewpoint of road blockade: The basic study on the evaluation of disaster mitigation performance of the local area road network based on percolation theory,” Journal of architecture and planning, Vol.615, pp. 113-120, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  A. S. Mordvintsev, V. V. Krzhizhanovskaya, M. H. Lees, and P. M. A. Sloot, “Simulation of city evacuation coupled to flood dynamics. In U. Weidmann,” U. Kirsch, M. Schreckenberg, editors, Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics 2012, pp. 485-499, Springer, 2014.
-  E. Mas, B. Adriano, and S. Koshimura, “An integrated simulation of tsunami hazard and human evacuation in La Punta, Peru,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 285-295, 2013.
-  T. Oki and T. Osaragi, “Modeling human behavior of local residents in the aftermath of a large earthquake – wide-area evacuation, rescue and firefighting in densely built-up wooden residential areas,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.11, No.2, pp. 188-197, 2016.
-  T. Osaragi and T. Oki, “Wide-area evacuation simulation incorporating rescue and firefighting by local residents,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 296-310, 2017.
-  T. Oki and T. Osaragi, “Urban improvement policies for reducing human damage in a large earthquake by using wide-area evacuation simulation incorporating rescue and firefighting by local residents,” Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, Planning Support Science for Smarter Urban Futures, Vol.1, pp. 449-468, 2017.
-  O. Murao and F. Yamazaki, “Development of fragility curves for building based on damage survey data of a local government after the 1995 Hyogoken-nunbu earthquake,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, No.527, pp. 189-196, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, “Developments of technology and evaluation index of disaster mitigation for planning local areas,” 2003 (in Japanese).
-  N. Hirokawa and T. Osaragi, “Earthquake disaster simulation system: Integration of models for building collapse, road blockage, and fire spread,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.11, No.2, pp. 175-187, 2016.
-  National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Japan, “Guidebook on special permissions in the zoning code under the building standard law to promote rebuilding in densely built-up areas,” TECHNICAL NOTE of National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management, No.368, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Adachi City, “Financial support on construction of emergency evacuation route,” 2016 (in Japanese), https://www.city.adachi.tokyo.jp/k-chose/kinkyu-hinanro.html [accessed Jan. 13, 2017]
-  M. Kishimoto, T. Osaragi, T. Oki, and N. Hirokawa, “Risk of Property Collapse and Assessment of Evacuation Risk in Tokyo Metropolitan Area at a Large Earthquake,” Proc. of The 20th AGILE Conference on Geo-Information Science, 2017.