Time-Series Analysis of Workload for Support in Rebuilding Disaster Victims’ Lives – Comparison of the 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake with the 2007 Niigataken Chuetsu-oki Earthquake –
Munenari Inoguchi*, Keiko Tamura**, Haruo Hayashi***, and Keisuke Shimizu*
3-5-1 Johoku, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu city, Shizuoka 432-8011, Japan
**Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
***National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Resilience (NIED), Ibaraki, Japan
Japan has experienced many disasters. However, the question of when and how much work is generated in support of rebuilding disaster victims’ lives remains unsolved. Considering this situation, this study solves the question through a time-series analysis of daily workload in support of rebuilding the lives of victims of the 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake. In addition, a correlation analysis is conducted through comparison with the case of the 2007 Chuetsu-oki Earthquake that a prior study focused on, and another correlation analysis is conducted between municipalities affected by the Kumamoto Earthquake. These analyses do not indicate the presence of a high correlation in tasks for which the requirements for payment vary depending on the disaster but do indicate the presence of a high correlation between disasters in tasks for which the requirements for payment are uniform, thereby indicating the presence of a possible generalization. In addition, the correlation analysis results of comparisons between municipalities affected by the Kumamoto Earthquake indicate a high correlation between local public entities that have suffered great human and property damage. These results indicate that when a certain condition is met, it is highly likely that daily workload can be estimated.
-  Fire and Disaster Management Agency, “Summary of the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake (The 155th Report),” March, 2017, http://www.fdma.go.jp/bn/higaihou/pdf/jishin/155.pdf [accessed August 14, 2017]
-  Fire and Disaster Management Agency, “Summary of Response of Fire and Disaster Management Ageny at Rainfall Disaster by Rainy Front from June 30, 2017 and Typhoon No.3 (The 45th Report),” July, 2017, http://www.fdma.go.jp/bn/%E3%80%90%E7%AC%AC45%E5%A0%B1%E3%80%916%E6%9C%8830%E6%97%A5%E3%81%8B%E3%82%89%E3%81%AE%E5%A4%A7%E9%9B%A8%E5%8F%8A%E3%81%B3%E5%8F%B0%E9%A2%A8%EF%BC%93%E5%8F%B7%E3%81%AE%E8%A2%AB%E5%AE%B3%E7%8A%B6%E6%B3%81%E7%AD%89.pdf [accessed August 14, 2017]
-  Cabinet Office of Japan, “7-2 Experience and response at Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake,” White Paper on Disaster Management 2005, June, 2005, http://www.bousai.go.jp/kaigirep/hakusho/h17/bousai2005/html/honmon/hm120702.htm [accessed August 17, 2017]
-  Cabinet Office of Japan, “About Scheme to Support Rebuilding Disaster Victims’ Lives,” The 1st Investigative Commission of Natural Disaster Victims Relief Program, Material No.2-4, March 2007, http://www.bousai.go.jp/kaigirep/kentokai/saikenshien/pdf/siryo2_4.pdf [accessed August 17, 2017]
-  M. Nakajima, “About Natural Disaster Victims Relief Law – Transition of Requirement of Applicated Household –,” The Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake Memorial, Disaster Reduction and Human Renovation Institut, J. of “GENSAI,” Vol.5, pp. 92-98, Jan. 2011.
-  Cabinet Office of Japan, “ Redovery Fund (2004 Niigataken Chuetsu-oki Earthquake: Niigata prefecture),” The Report of Measures and Policies for Disaster Recovery and Rebuilding, Doccument Collection relating to Disaster Response, April, 2012, http://www.bousai.go.jp/kaigirep/houkokusho/hukkousesaku/saigaitaiou/output_html_1/2-2-4-3.html [accessed August 17, 2017]
-  Fire and Disaster Management Agency, “The 2007 Niigataken Chuetsu-oki Earthquake (Final Report),” May, 2013, http://www.fdma.go.jp/bn/%E5%B9%B3%E6%88%9019%E5%B9%B4%EF%BC%882007%E5%B9%B4%EF%BC%89%E6%96%B0%E6%BD%9F%E7%9C%8C%E4%B8%AD%E8%B6%8A%E6%B2%96%E5%9C%B0%E9%9C%87%EF%BC%88%E7%A2%BA%E5%AE%9A%E5%A0%B1%EF%BC%89.pdf [accessed August 17, 2017]
-  The Asahi Shimbun Company, “Report on the start of issurance of victim’s certificate in Kashiwazaki city at Chuetsu-oki Earthquake,” August, 2007, http://www.asahi.com/special/070716/TKY200708170051.html [accessed August 14, 2017]
-  T. Furuya et al., “Ex-post Analysis for Location / Allocation of Temporary Housing Unit and Demand after the Niigata-Chuetsuoki Earthquake,” J. of Social Safety Science, No.12, pp. 41-51, March 2010.
-  K. Matsuoka et al., “GIS-Based Damage Certification Support System Based on Recent Earthquake Experience,” Jounal of Disaster Research, Nol.5, No.1, pp. 82-89, February, 2010.
-  N. Yoshitomi et.al., “Disaster-Victim Database Development Using GeoWrap Method – From the 2004 Niigata Chuetsu Earthquake to the 2007 Niigataken Chuetsu-Oki Earthquake –,” Jounal of Disaster Research, Nol.5, No.1, pp. 74-81, February, 2010.
-  M. Inoguchi, K. Tamura, and H. Hayashi, “Realization of Effective Disaster Victim Support Through Development of Victim Master Database with Geo-Reference – A Case Study of 2007 Niigataken Chuetsu-Oki Earthquake –,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 12-21, February 2010.
-  M. Inoguchi, K. Tamura, and H. Hayashi, “Administrative Workload Analysis of Supporting Victims Life Recovery based on Victim Master Database : A Case Study of Kashiwazaki City at 2007 Niigataken Chuetsu-oki Eathquake,” J. of Social Safety Science, No.13, pp. 453-462, November, 2010.
-  Fire and Disaster Management Agency, “Earthquake occurred in Kumamoto area (The 104th Report),” July 2017, http://www.fdma.go.jp/bn/%E3%80%90%E7%AC%AC104%E5%A0%B1%E3%80%91%E7%86%8A%E6%9C%AC%E7%9C%8C%E7%86%8A%E6%9C%AC%E5%9C%B0%E6%96%B9%E3%82%92%E9%9C%87%E6%BA%90%E3%81%A8%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B%E5%9C%B0%E9%9C%87.pdf [accessed August 14, 2017]
-  M. Inoguchi, K. Tamura, and H. Hayashi, “Issues in Parallel Operating Victims Master Database Management System in Multiple Local Governments – A Case Study of 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake –,” Procs. of the 2016 IEICE Society Conf., pp. 1, September 2016.
-  Statistics Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, “2015 National Census, No.43 Kumamoto prefecture,” May, 2017, http://www.stat.go.jp/data/kokusei/2015/kekka.htm [accessed August 17, 2017]
-  Kashiwazaki city, “Number of population and households in each ward as of end of June, 2007,” 2007 Number of Population and Households by Basic Resident Register, July, 2007, http://www.city.kashiwazaki.lg.jp/toke/shise/toke/jinko/daicho/h19daicho.html [accessed August 17, 2017]
-  Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, “Appropriate Management of Human-Resource Enrollment Limit in Local Governements – Toward Utilizing Reference Barometer –,” Report by Woking Group of Enrollment Limit Management in Local Governments,” March 2011, http://www.soumu.go.jp/main_content/000109296.pdf [accessed August 17, 2017]
-  Kumamoto prefecture, “Report of Situation of Damage Occurrence at 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake (The 253rd Report),” August, 2017, https://www.pref.kumamoto.jp/common/UploadFileOutput.ashx?c_id=9&id=339&set_doc=1 [accessed August 17, 2017]