Online Information as Real-Time Big Data About Heavy Rain Disasters and its Limitations: Case Study of Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, During Typhoons 17 and 18 in 2015
Shosuke Sato*,†, Shuichi Kure**, Shuji Moriguchi*, Keiko Udo*, and Fumihiko Imamura*
*International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
Aoba 468-1, Aramaki, Aoba, Sendai 980-0845, Japan
**Department of Environmental Engineering, Toyama Prefectural University, Toyama, Japan
-  Cabinet Office, Application situation of Disaster Relied Law, http://www.bousai.go.jp/taisaku/kyuujo/kyuujo_tekiyou.html [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  Japan Metological Agency, Landslide warning information, http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/kishou/know/bosai/doshakeikai.html [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  M. Ushiyama, F. Imamura. T. Katada, and K. Yoshida, “Investigation of people’s behavior at heavy rainfall disaster in the highly flood disaster information age – A case study on the typhoon No. 0206 July, 2002 –,” Journal of Japan Society of Hydrogy and Water Resources, Vol. 17, pp. 150-158, 2004.
-  M. Ushiyama, “Characteristics of Human Damage by the Typhoon No. 0423 from October 20 to 21, 2004,” Natural Disaster Science, Vol. 24, pp. 257-265, 2005.
-  Disaster Management Headquarters of Fire and Disaster Managemtn Agency, Damage Situation Report of Typoon 18, No.37, 2015, http://www.fdma.go.jp/bn/2015/detail/926.html [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  Japan Metological Agency, High-resolution Precipitation Nowcasts, http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/highresorad/ [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  Japan Metological Agency, Analysis and forecast of precipitation / Shour term rain forecas / Japan, http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/radame/ [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, River Disaster Prevention Information (Kawa-no-bosai-joho), http://www.river.go.jp/kawabou/ipTopGaikyo.do [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  Japan Metological Agency, Lnadslide warning information, http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/dosha/ [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism,Renewal of River Disaster Prevention Information (Kawa-no-bosai-joho), http://www.mlit.go.jp/report/press/mizukokudo03_hh_000902.html [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  The Real-time Landslide Risk Map, http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/doshamesh/ [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  S. Kure, A. Hayashi, S. Moriguchi, T. Horiai, and H. Tanaka, “Evaluation of Probable Maximum Hydrodynamic Force of Flood Inundation at the Shibui River in September 2015,” Advances in River Engineering, Vol.22, pp. 297-302, 2016.
-  D. Komori, Draft Survey Report of Heavy Rainfall Disaster at the Nanakita River in September 2015 (1st report), http://donko.civil.tohoku.ac.jp/FieldSurvey20150910/PDF/20150911_NanakitaRiver.pdf [accessed Oct. 2, 2016]
-  T. Matsumura, Operational Intelligence: Theory of Operational Intelligence for Decision Making, The Nikkei, p. 220, 2006.
-  Kahoiku Shnpo, Miyagi pref have newly additional designated four rivers as subjects of constant monitoring, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.